Budget trans build

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I know Jared has had good luck daily driving at roughly 680-700 HP. They've put his truck through hell. It's no 850-900 HP, but very few people have that...let alone daily drive with it.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
To the OP, I have a used suncoast converter for sale, if its something you're interested in to save some money vs a new one send me a PM.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
If that one is only rated to 1000 ft lbs at the fly wheel I don't get it, the stock one is rated to 1100 ft lbs .

If your on a budget go with a PI , at your power levels it should be just fine.

extreme3807

Reaction score
My converter has held up good so far, suncoast hd. And that's with over 900 hp daily driven. It has also held up a couple hundred miles of Aaron's abuse. Still can't believe its lasted this far. You get what you pay for, trans is something you can't cheap out on and get by with for long

Sent from my DROID Pro

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Reason I was asking was a lot around who builds them. I have installed a few Vigilante TC's in friends cars, which is PI. I have seen a few others that I have installed that are copies and seemed to work well and didnt break. I have a Yank in my car and love it, had and Edge and it sucked FYI. I know this is not the same comparison to diesels but was just wondering.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
I'm gonna guess that its just the crappy superchips tuning that is making you think its going out. I had a bully dog on my 6.0 when I first got it and it wouldn't shift at full throttle to save it's life. I got some innovative tunes and the transmission shifted perfect everytime after that.

Yea the superchip was the problem but it is stock now and still flareing really bad and still shuders and shake in reverse. Been stock for a day or too. I took it to a trans shop today and they say that the fluid smells burnt......wich it does and that it needs new clutches most likely.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
I think I am just going to drive it till it blows up then park it and drive the ranch truck till I can get it fixed.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Yes it is. A flexplate from a 6.0 would make it work in a 6.4.

It would then be cheaper for him to just buy a new standard SunCoast converter and not have to worry about buying or coming up with a 6.0 flex plate. Not trying to hinder a sale, just pointing out that he is looking for cheap/cost effective.

Then again, it may be cheaper to go the route you have provided him with. I dunno...

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I just want it gone to try an RCD converter so I'm definitely open to offers lol. I agree its easier to get a suncoast for the 6.4. I'm not sure how much the flexplate would cost him.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
the 6.0 flexplate is 40$ from ford, I am trying out a new converter and so far so good, I will def be putting it through its paces, we have 6 suncoast converters sitting here to be rebuilt, 2 are the HD's, my truck is going in to the shop to add some fuel now and we will see how it holds up

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.