build the 7.3, or buy a 6.4

• Build the 7.3

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Buy the 6.4

Votes: 44 44.9%

• Total voters

pa-powerstroke

Reaction score
I would wait till you are done with school and have paid for the wedding then get a 6.4. My father-in-law has one and I love it. Driven my buddys 7.3 lots along with driving and towing with the 6.4 and the 6.4 blows it outa the water. So comfortable and easy to drive, easy to get safe power from. When the time comes Ill be trading my 6.0 in on one. Pay a couple hundred bucks a month and still have money left over to do a little modding.

Reaction score
There are some very nice 6.4 trucks out there for low 20k range. I bought my 6.4 crew cab shortbed 4x4 dually with 90k for $22k.

Sent while hooked to something, somewhere, with my foot through the floor!

Dslfumes

Reaction score
I found an 08 CCSB King Ranch 2wd w/49k miles near me for $28k I'm going to check out this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

RedRice589

Reaction score
4wd lariat i believe. Theres also a red f250 ccsb 4wd with the fx4 has 137k on it for 20,500. I troll around on autotrader all day. Theres a CCLB 2011 with 90k on it for 34,600 at greenway ford lariat. The trucks are around you just gotta be patient.

Dieselgeek

Reaction score
Buy a 6.4, spend 2 grand for dpf delete, tuner, egr delete, intake, and drive it... I too spent the money to build a somewhat built 7.3, and I don't miss it ONE bit. I would never recommend to anyone to build a 7.3 after spending the time and money I did with my 7.3, after owning my 6.4. There is no comparison IMO.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Buy a 6.4, spend 2 grand for dpf delete, tuner, egr delete, intake, and drive it... I too spent the money to build a somewhat built 7.3, and I don't miss it ONE bit. I would never recommend to anyone to build a 7.3 after spending the time and money I did with my 7.3, after owning my 6.4. There is no comparison IMO.

Unless you get emissions testing every year. I can pull my old pile in there and since its older than 06, well, I dont even.have to go. I would.much rather have a tuned 6.4 most of the time though. You are correct!

What didnt you like about your 7.3 and what did you have done?

Wayne

Reaction score
Unless you get emissions testing every year. I can pull my old pile in there and since its older than 06, well, I dont even.have to go. I would.much rather have a tuned 6.4 most of the time though. You are correct!

What didnt you like about your 7.3 and what did you have done?

I live in an emissions county here in Colorado. The solution is not to go through the hassle of putting all the emissions crap on every time I do my annual emissions test. All you need to know is the location of a shop that doesn't bother checking for that stuff. all I have to do is pass an opacity test, and away I go.

campbellflage

Reaction score
Im gonna keep it. I am just gonna give it a face lift and go from there. I know it will never be fast, or ride like the newer trucks, but its payed for and I like it. I figure it has 206k on stock injectors, those will need replacing soon as well as the stockish trans, so when the time comes Ill just upgrade them.

Latest posts

Members online