BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
With fewer guys doing anything these days it's a nice accomplishment for the 6.7L. Fun to watch you build your rig.
Honestly wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not lol. Thanks. I know I'm by far not pushing it as hard as others building 6.7s but there is definitely still more things I'd like to do with it.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
At least your posting what you do... better than the stupid secret service classified fbi filed for 20 years builds that are one liners threads....

JRLott

Reaction score
Yep, what kitty Cat said.
Neb has his thread for us lowlifes that do the bare minimum d3lete & tune, plus some cosmetics...which I don't do, but I like his insight and ability to put things in perspective for me without sounding like any particular fabricator or tuner's lap dog. His thread is directly pertinent to me so I can make a decision based on quality information that I'll be the most happy with while staying within my budget.
Your thread is the attainable-but-just-out-of-reach version of Neb's...especially since you are getting to the end, wherever that may be, by going through steps. It's a fun read, and while out of my budget, is still useable. Yes a wicked 1500-2000 hp monster would be fun, but it is in the realm of never never land budget wise and I'd guess would be a PITA as a daily driver useable truck.
I like that you post your pains, successes, and drive the living **** outta yours while heading to a sled pull...then drive it like a raped ape on the way home. If you'd hook onto a 35' fifth wheel for a trip to the Grand Canyon and post your opinion, I'd like it even more. Lol
Keep it up.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
^ all true.

Cat has a good point, although there are bigger 6.7 builds out there how many of them are built on a real life budget? They are Usually shop builds and you see what those guys struggle with (some blowing multiple engines and switching turbo setups weekly)

I jumped on mine because I couldn't afford to build it to where it's at starting from scratch.. Plus it left me with some money to take it all the way.

Notneb

Reaction score
Should start my own company, Lowlife Tuning... :p

But in all seriousness JR hit the nail on the head, this build is a great learning tool for those of us without the budgets/time to do over the top dyno/drag/sled builds. It's still a lot of money, but it's from a perspective of "one of us" lol. In the real world, we care about how the build will hold up under conditions we'll actually see, while still being a blast to drive.

I find much more value in that, than reading about some crazy HP build that has no application to me. Keep up the good work, and lay the blueprints for the rest of us to follow, IMO that's what a forum is for!

Black AOD

Reaction score
The fuel is what's running out right now....I was there for the dyno. If he had 60s I believe itd push into the 800s

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
You do have to ask yourself an honest question Pete. What's the goal with the truck. Is 1000hp an addiction or can you be satisfied and fine tune what you have currently and will 1000hp make the truck less enjoyable to just drive??

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. I do beat the piss out of the truck (to an extent) when it gets driven and like mentioned I'll take it straight from the truck pulls and go for a 8 hour road trip no problem. It's about the perfect daily driver/weekend warrior setup. And FWIW those dyno numbers are with a 30" FTE Resonator on the truck as well.

At this point I believe its lacking fuel. Whether I go compounds or not I believe a set of 60s/100s will be the next mod to see what it gains going from 15%s to 60%s. From there I would have to think long and hard about going compounds or shooting for 1000hp on fuel. I know the motor will take it. One of the reasons I built it. But its also very fun to drive because I know the motor can handle 700hp with ease and I'm not always sweating bullets worrying about being able to make it home.

So I'd say its pretty safe to say 60s/100s will be the next mod to see the comparison on the same setup. After that... who knows???

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I asked about the 1000hp goal because it seems those that have gotten close to that point seem to "park" their trucks afterwards.

Notneb

Reaction score
I honestly don't see why 1000hp would be such a reliability issue. I mean with just a tuner we're close to 600whp/1400tq. I guess I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra money to build the engine/trans if 1000hp is so un-reliable. He's already approaching 800rwhp what's another 200?

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to the future of this build and Six Sloww's

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I asked about the 1000hp goal because it seems those that have gotten close to that point seem to "park" their trucks afterwards.

I definitely wouldn't park my truck just because it makes 1000. I'd just need new tires sooner.

I honestly don't see why 1000hp would be such a reliability issue. I mean with just a tuner we're close to 600whp/1400tq. I guess I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra money to build the engine/trans if 1000hp is so un-reliable. He's already approaching 800rwhp what's another 200?

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to the future of this build and Six Sloww's

It's only going to wear on stuff when you lay into it. Driving a 1000hp truck down the interstate is no harder on parts than where I'm at now. So reliability as a DD wouldn't be an issue just those times when you wanna show up a Mustang you have a higher % chance of something going wrong or wearing out faster.

SixSlowws will absolutely destroy mine haha. That thing is gonna be wicked.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Twas wicked, for a few pulls....

Lmao yeah 1000 hp is easy! Doh.

Good parts or not, everything is a gamble at that power level. I thought for sure my truck would **** a trans with the new power and I was ready to just have that rebuilt.. Well it decided to spit the head gaskets out instead and yeah that trans? It's still going to need attention if I plan on really having some fun.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online