Building motor looking for 550+

Crowerstroke02

Reaction score
Any ideas of maybe what could get me there?

I was running 238/80's hybrids from P.I.S tunes from Jody at dp,honey badger jr. From dyno proven, 38R, reg. return,fuel system, full suncoast

Broke a pmr 2 weeks ago left a nice ocean view in the side of the block and now I am rebuilding with .20 over,crower rods,910's any other ideas?? :redspotdance:

bruce

Reaction score
send them injectors back to tim, get upgraded to 300/200's, s468 then let jonathan at dyno proven live tune it

Crowerstroke02

Reaction score
I really have been debating on doing tunes with Jonathan! I did live tuning with Jody and have been running his tunes since 07 with updates not same since 07 and swear by his tunes. I wanna go to 250/200. But after biting the bullet for the price of crowers and machine work along with some other little goodies I'm at around 7500 with parts,machine work and bought another block. I also looked into running a t4 with s468 but I'm about tapped out for the time being. I got to get the truck back together or I would leave it apart until I were to buy everything.

I was thinking of adding intercooler and headers? Comments on this!

Crowerstroke02

Reaction score
I know the 38r is only rated at around 450 but it's what I have to work with right now I'm looking to get to 550 sometime this year

Blowby

Reaction score
10 years ago I ran a 38r and DI's MiniMe's on a few dyno's ranging from 498-523hp with a stock 2000 block. I sure hope you can get there now with all the newfangled go fast stuff on the internet.

Turbo_Red_Boost.jpg

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
i talked to jason at dyno proven, here is what he said.(also quoted a great price)

"Opening the bowl does 2 things...it gives the fuel a larger opening and de-lips all the sharp edges so heat spreads out and cools faster.

I would strongly suggest the .020 over bowl. If you are running the stock cam you do not need valve reliefs.

But the larger bowl and coated is the way I would like to steer you. That is what I did for my 700hp 7.3 and she is still kickin'"

emev0l

Reaction score
Replace the 80% nozzles with 200s

Get it live tuned

That'll be close to 550, the 38r isn't gonna let you get much more then that.

An Irate T4 mount with a s468 will get you where you wanna be.

The headers sound great and I'm sure they add a little power and I haven't heard of any drawbacks but there's other places you could put your money that would get you more power. That being said I want a set and if I ever find a used set cheap I'll grab them.

Nothing wrong with a better intercooler but it will only help a little.

Other things to think about:

Gearhead cam
Partial filling the block
A girdle and main studs
Water injection

David N

Reaction score
Fairrrrrrrrrrrly certain a 38R will do more than 450 horsepower. My setup runs 8.3's-8.4's and that's a crew cab, with stock oil.

I had a friend run a 12.6 and 7.95 with 300/200's, 38R, and an SRP1.1 and that was also in a full weight crew cab 4x4.

They're small, but don't completely rule them out. Tuning has come a long way.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Save on the turbo swap. If you dont already have the billet wheel for the 38r thats what I would do first. Then add a external gate to further fine tune it.. should get you 550hp. porting always helps and the cam isnt really neaded till you want to make more then 700hp or carry the hp through the entire rpm band.

live life full throttle

Crowerstroke02

Reaction score
I bought a riffraff billet wheel for 38r I have seen ups and downs on here about them but I figured I would try it out see what I get

Crowerstroke02

Reaction score
I will get a t4 setup sometime in near future but my tax money is about run out with machine work and 4900 at riffraff for crower rods,910's,fluid damper,billet plenums,billet wheel,smith bros pushers, rebuild kit from ford, and some other small things. I got about 1k left after all that I'm looking at either headers or intercooler maybe water/meth

Latest posts

Members online