Building motor looking for 550+

bruce

Reaction score
if(when) mine blows its gettin a (cover your ears) Cummins. I aint spendin 7500 on a long block

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I could be wrong but i think there are some guys dailey driving some filled blocks but not sure of any details on what they think of it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes there are a few with partial fills and a couple that are full fills.. just gotta make sure with that you run a coolant filter.

live life full throttle

02BigD

Reaction score
I wasn't planning on doing any head work other than the basic machine shop re work. New valves,seats,910's

Money well spent if the person porting and polishing knows what they are doing. Per what other members have stated their modded H2e ran boost wise, my max boost was well below theirs. With cleaned up heads, Matt's stage 1 cam, and headers being the difference....

I didn't wanna do a partial fill because of daily driver

There has been discussion about this previously to give you enough data to make an informed decision. Google search "filled 7.3 block powerstroke army" should help.

Crowerstroke02

Reaction score
Why would you do port and polish with forced induction? I could see doing it for a high rev truck looking to squeeze everything out of it!

Jason

Reaction score
^^^ too many people get caught up in thinking high boost #s = mo powa.

Blow directly into the top of a water bottle. Now...cut the top off the water bottle and blow directly into the now much bigger opening. You are getting the same, if not more air into the bottle, with less restricted air flow. Shatty analogy though.

Crowerstroke02

Reaction score
Well just got second opinion from machist about my stock cam! Hen I removed it I saw a nice knick in a lobe but I though would be ok since on the side! Anyways anyone know about Matt at gear heads cam or Tim at psi anyone know what is involved in running there cams

emev0l

Reaction score
Well just got second opinion from machist about my stock cam! Hen I removed it I saw a nice knick in a lobe but I though would be ok since on the side! Anyways anyone know about Matt at gear heads cam or Tim at psi anyone know what is involved in running there cams

Gearhead's stage 1 cam doesn't need anything other then the already recommended 125 lb seat pressure on 910 springs and pushrods, and lightly porting heads. There stage 2 and up need valve reliefs cut into the pistons and 150 lb seat pressure on custom springs, pushrods, and they recommend moderate head porting.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online