Built Trans Dilemma (Trans)

Trav-O

Reaction score
Well, my luck hasn't been the greatest with my '08 Crew Cab, but I must keep it. I think its all my fault, cause I can Bend a Crowbar in a Sandpile lol.

I have plenty of fuel to support High Powers (I believe)but I want to run a Single '2.6' turbo cause I want to continue to sled pull in the 2.6 class. But, I know my Trans wont hold up to 700+ hp, and I have had bad luck with it. But, I dont want to give it away as a core for a NADP trans.

I need some input on what to do with my trans situation. I am not made of money. And the Trans is refreshened and Converter is New. (Warranty items that were fixed, but not without many weeks of waiting) And working great now.

Like I said, I want to go with a full built NADP trans but dont want to 'give away' a mildly built trans.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Are they all new stock parts though? What part of it is mildly built? You could always keep the converter. Do they require that for a core?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Daily driving my 96 at 500+ hp was a dream, i didnt even notice much difference going to my 6.4 (other than power and how it rides), i didnt notice much of a differnce in transmission. I had a BTS in the 96.

I think Brians transmissions for the 08+ are going to kick ass. 4r is about as good as it gets

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Keep the converter. Sell the tranny to someone and have them give you their stocker and send that in.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Sell the converter too then. LOL Can't go wrong with a HD converter. At least then you'll have some cash to put down on a NADP tranny.

madman1234509

Reaction score
What is built in your trans besides having a converter in it? What kind of converter is it? Were you pulling with your stock trans before? Id say, if you have money into the trans, or parts in it that are worth anything but dont want to reuse them or cant because they still wont hold the power you plan on having then sell it. Either that or get this tranny built the rest of the way. Cant you send your own tranny to NADP and have them build it the rest of the way?

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Why not have us upgrade your unit to a comp version for sled pulling? That would be much cheaper. As far as the converter you can have it upgraded to an Hd. Usually in pulling with a 2.6 charger you would only run 1 gear so no need to go to a 4R as it has no more strength or holding capacity. You could change stall at that time to suit the charger. Our comp trans has been doing well behind Eric georges 2.6 truck.

Trav-O

Reaction score
Why not have us upgrade your unit to a comp version for sled pulling? That would be much cheaper. As far as the converter you can have it upgraded to an Hd. Usually in pulling with a 2.6 charger you would only run 1 gear so no need to go to a 4R as it has no more strength or holding capacity. You could change stall at that time to suit the charger. Our comp trans has been doing well behind Eric georges 2.6 truck.

Thats a possibility. If you could quote me on that, with shipping I would appreciate it. How are the HD converters doing? My last one went out and was only 2 months old and I got stranded in Maine for a month.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
HD converter user here. Hasn't skipped a beat so far. Got Rudy's Comp (Elite) tranny as well. I think that'd be your best bet instead of NADP.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
How do you have a converter upgraded to an HD? I always figured you needed to just buy a new TC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.