Built Trans Dilemma (Trans)

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Fwiw the 4r100 in craigs at 80mph is at the same rpm as the 5r

The last two gears are the same ratio. .71 in overdrive iirc.

Ill be curious to see how things work with a lower first gear. Might be better at the track tho

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
How do you have a converter upgraded to an HD? I always figured you needed to just buy a new TC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you have to buy a brand new converter they will not upgrade if you have a standard

blackmonster

Reaction score
brand new 4R110 for sale!!!

Dude i am selling my 4R110 if you want it. It is a 100% rebuilt Elite tranny with all billet parts!! I bought it from Elite. I had it for 2 years. Worked good! I broke the input shaft. So Craig at MPD rebuilt it for me. If you want to buy it or anybody else wants it? It is for sale!!! Just pm me for price.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I am interested to see how MPDs turns out. I would like to but I daily drive it also, and 5 gears are better then 4 for daily driving. lol

The last two gears are the same ratio. .71 in overdrive iirc.

Ill be curious to see how things work with a lower first gear. Might be better at the track tho

So 4th gear in the 4r100 is at the same ratio as the 5R110s 5th?

Intermediate, direct, and overdrive are the same gear ratio between the 4r and 5r. You don't sacrifice any RPM in the swap. Crusing at highway speeds will show no difference. Only thing you loose is that low 1/2 gear which isn't a big deal IMO. 4r 1st will get you going just fine

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.