Calling all 400% Nozzle Daily Drivers

TyCorr

Reaction score
I get it. Sorry I jumped ya. More in your defense than criticism.

Again, I agree with what you did.

David N

Reaction score
And 250/100s and a gqsb laid down 707 backed by 681.... Tell Brian J hes doing it wrong cause he only did 689 with a single charger and 400/400s.

Dan, I can't tell if you're being smart or what... LOL

But you do realize that was on a S480 that he could hardly get to light? If he ran that truck on fuel it would snuff the charger between shifts. LOL

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with 400/200? 400/400's are common but are 200 nozzles DD friendly?

V-Ref

Reaction score
Jason

Do you remember the PW being called for on the tune that made 707?

And BTW...I'm hoping to build a ecsb 7.3 that makes you miss yours :fordoval:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Dan, I can't tell if you're being smart or what... LOL

But you do realize that was on a S480 that he could hardly get to light? If he ran that truck on fuel it would snuff the charger between shifts. LOL

I was basically saying dynos are bs.

My truck did 599.3 with a .062 jet....

Several guys have ran 400% on fuel and ran great times.

Anybody have any experience with 400/200? 400/400's are common but are 200 nozzles DD friendly?

I've ran both yes

Tim. If I were you. I'd stick with the 200%. Jason does have a point. Without twins. Nitrous is the only way to utilize the amount of fuel they can move.
You will make more power fuel only over the 200% but under 100hp for sure. Without more air.

Last edited:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
What is your opinion of the 400/200 sticks? Are DD friendly or competition use only?

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
What is your opinion of the 400/200 sticks? Are DD friendly or competition use only?

200% nozzles are very DD friendly. If tuned properly.

Now a 400cc injector with a 200% nozzle is a total waste. There is no where near enough time available where it counts to get the fuel out.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
200% nozzles are very DD friendly. If tuned properly.

Now a 400cc injector with a 200% nozzle is a total waste. There is no where near enough time available where it counts to get the fuel out.

The only benefit to having the cc's available on a 200% nozzle is for future upgrades to a bigger nozzle.

I DD'd my 200% nozzles for years. Several road trips. Dozens of wot passes. Towed. Dynos. You name it.

The 400% can do most of the above. It's just a lot of effort in tuning.

mattman347

Reaction score
I will agree that a 200% is the biggest nozzle I would recommend for the street. I really like how mine runs and with the new engine in there I have a nice smooth idle again. The 468 will be way to small for a 400% nozzle. I drive mine on the street with the 468 and 200% nozzle and love it. My track times show that the power is there and usable, heck with the dyno!

Short Bus

Reaction score
I would not dd 400/400's, no matter who's tuning. Yes you can tow and drive around ok but it's a constant battle of egt and smoke control especially towing anything at all. #1 worst decision in all my 7.3 modding was running 400% on the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Maybe I got lucky. I noticed minimal egt difference driving around.

I just pull fuel out under half throttle and it drives exactly the same as my 4/2s.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
There are MANY factors that lend to a clean running truck.
Injector, HPOP, Turbo, Tuning, tons of misc items such as head work, camshaft, the list can go on.

All these have to work in a happy medium with each other. Not just one or two or even three of them. But all....

Some people get it right, and are happy.

Some don't.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
There are MANY factors that lend to a clean running truck.
Injector, HPOP, Turbo, Tuning, tons of misc items such as head work, camshaft, the list can go on.

All these have to work in a happy medium with each other. Not just one or two or even three of them. But all....

Some people get it right, and are happy.

Some don't.

I suppose. Seems truck to truck vary greatly too.

Ken fuel707 is the bomb

907DAVE

Reaction score
Tim, shoot me a text. Phone died and lost all my numbers, again.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Awww, man, I wanted to hear the resultant conversation.

I understand.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
I too agree that 200s are streetable. Im running Gearhead and PHP. with a t500 and 350/200my smallest tune did 444/760 and Smokey. swapped to twin termy 15s and the same low tune is completely different and a monster, it lights this 71 with a 1.1 housing real fast and its CLEAN. I honestly couldn't tell you how Smokey it is in a hotter tune because I broke my BTS by the time I got it all straightened out finally...I also found out the day before my trans broke was my boost regulator was only allowing my truck to only fuel for 11Psi(for god knows how long) as I had it set incorrectly, boosted it up according to the scan gauge to see 25psi again and it was a crazy difference. 200 nozzles are a blast

Latest posts

Members online