CCV Mod

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Simplified it? All I can see is that you did something without researching to do it correctly.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Where do you work?

I am self employed. I own several business (a few of which are automotve,Diesel and Transmission repair shops) and multiple properties and investments. I would prefer not to disclose the exact details of these businesses or the locations or the nature of the business at this time.

I sincerely hope this does not offend any members here.

I am here because I own a 6.7 2wd powerstroke truck. I enjoy modifying and racing it. I only offer information on modifications I have actually tried on my own truck. I do not offer to sell them or offer an opinion on other items being sold. I have asked questions about traction and staging the truck despite the ridicule of others.
I have never drag raced a diesel truck before I bought my 6.7 a while back and it has been really fun.

If I am here for the wrong reasons please let me know.

If this is the reason the site exists I would appreciate it if you just left it alone please. Having you and your crew follow me around with hateful commentary is flattering but ultimately a waste of your time.

On this site I just want to be another guy with a powerstroke trying to go fast.

Thank You for your consideration Mike, Steve, kaleb, Morgan, Dustin, josh and crew.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I am self employed. I own several business (a few of which are automotve,Diesel and Transmission repair shops) and multiple properties and investments. I would prefer not to disclose the exact details of these businesses or the locations or the nature of the business at this time.

I sincerely hope this does not offend any members here.

I am here because I own a 6.7 2wd powerstroke truck. I enjoy modifying and racing it. I only offer information on modifications I have actually tried on my own truck. I do not offer to sell them or offer an opinion on other items being sold. I have asked questions about traction and staging the truck despite the ridicule of others.
I have never drag raced a diesel truck before I bought my 6.7 a while back and it has been really fun.

If I am here for the wrong reasons please let me know.

If this is the reason the site exists I would appreciate it if you just left it alone please. Having you and your crew follow me around with hateful commentary is flattering but ultimately a waste of your time.

On this site I just want to be another guy with a powerstroke trying to go fast.

Thank You for your consideration Mike, Steve, kaleb, Morgan, Dustin, josh and crew.

You sir are a liar. A compulsive one , with an addiction to narcotics. I feel sorry for you. I pray nobody calls your sweet shop for anything. You are now being banned. Stay gone.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
The research has been done, and flush has nowhere to create an area of low pressure.

On the other hand, the newer design with notched tubes is supposed to work very well.

demonstartion.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The research has been done, and flush has nowhere to create an area of low pressure.

On the other hand, the newer design with notched tubes is supposed to work very well.

demonstartion.jpg

Looks like it would pull a lot of vacuum that way... how much vacuum is to much?

live life full throttle

jordan572

Reaction score
What he said, I really don't feel safe running a dump into the exhaust. You might get a consistent vacuum at idle but how about when your pulling a trailer under heavy load. Only thing I can think of is welding the dump pipe/bung in where you think best and drive around with a manometer hooked to it, which could become a little over the top. I wonder how much Vacuum is to much like asked previously. I would imagine that you could have a decent amount as the compressor inlet where the PCV currently dumps stock I would imagine sees a lot of vacuum when in high boost.

I was thinking of finding the largest catch can out with the biggest fittings available. Mishimoto makes a can with -10 fitting or about equal to 5/8 hose, although this operates on a closed system meaning that the cleaned oil free air is meant to dump back into the air intake system. As far as I understand the process you could either return the cleaned air after the catch can filter back to the oe PCV dump spot or just let it discharge out of the outlet side of the catch can. Mishimoto claims that the can is a vacuum oriented catch can, meaning you need to run the outlet to a vacuum source. I don't see why you couldn;t just dump the outlet side of the can into the air though. From the looks from videos it looks like the 6.7 pumps a lot of blowby, don't see the need to tie it back into the system as I don't think it needs vacuum to assist the ccv process.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I would just plum in a vacuum gauge and see how much it pulls.. the bbc guys I worked with said that there is such a thing as to much but as long as its pulling vacuum even down to 1lb and not building pressure at any time in the rpm band then its good to go..

live life full throttle

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
theres just too many pulling into the exhaust without issue not to ignore.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
We've never once had a issue routing into the exhaust. Like other have said before it's nothing new, CCV scavengers have been around for decades in the gas engine industry.

Cratos

Reaction score
ccv

I’m not sure how you guys got the 90 and hose down past the fuel lines, in less you bent the heck out of them ,I ended up running mine forward then down past the brake booster. I could not see any other way without major fuel line bending.??

Attachments

• IMG_4627.JPG
    IMG_4627.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4633.JPG
    IMG_4633.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4638.JPG
    IMG_4638.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 78

Cratos

Reaction score
I built my can with 1inch in and out and 3 layers of scotch bright and steel wool inside, then I ran it out to the pass side rear bumper.

Attachments

• IMG_4574.JPG
    IMG_4574.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4575.JPG
    IMG_4575.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4578.JPG
    IMG_4578.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 85

Latest posts

Members online