CDL section?

abbottfarms

Reaction score
I love the idea! I am new to the CDL, actually, I am waiting on my CDL... FL does a military waiver, so I dont have to deal with shifting ( I am stuck driving an auto from here on out) and can still pull the heavier loads with my 450. Personally, I would learn a ton from you guys... Ill see if I can make a phone call and get some attention...

:toast:

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
When it comes to big trucks, im partial to cummins. Favorite engines ive driven are the N14 and M11. Trucks i drive now are all ISX. I like the engines, hate the emissions junk. Although i cant say ive ever driven a Cat, i'd like to some day

abbottfarms

Reaction score
It's all personal preference, if I was truck shopping and I found a truck that was spec'd as I needed it wouldn't really matter what the engine was so long as it's not a Mercedes engine...

DieselCowboy

Reaction score
Hey now don't knock mercedes. They make a darn fine boat anchor. Running the haul trucks we had the KW with a cat would walk away from the Volvo but the Volvo would roll a hill much better than the KW. All the Autocars we had all ran the Cummins motors. M11 and ISX. Great motors compaired to the Mack. Seems like the old Cat motors were more preferable than they are now though.

abbottfarms

Reaction score
I'm not even sure they make good boat anchors...lol

I kinda like the old Mack engines. But they are fast becoming a thing of the past.

bakerc167

Reaction score
Never driven anything with a cat. Ive driven 2 auto cats, terrible shifting piece of chits

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

abbottfarms

Reaction score
Never driven a cat powered truck with a auto. I'm thinking though it probably shifted crappy because of the transmission not the engine powering it :shrug:

bakerc167

Reaction score
Yeah they where worn out highway trucks.

abbottfarms

Reaction score
Yeah they where worn out highway trucks.

Yeah that makes a difference, I've had my trucks hired onto construction company's who's fleet was 100% automatic and all I can say is WOW, there unbelievable off road and in sand/muck. Was on a wind tower job this spring on the side of a mountain, going up the hill loaded with a manual you couldn't shift but the auto's walked up there like nothing.

Rene G

Reaction score
I've had really good luck with the Cat TT accert 20000hrs and still going strong. My Dad has a N-14 with around 1.2-1.5 million miles on it with one in-frame. Both good engines.

bakerc167

Reaction score
Ive drove automatics, I like them but my biggest problem with them is anyone can jump in them an put them in gear an go an I think that's pretty scary

WHY NOT

Reaction score
We actually have a freight shaker with a Mercedes in it, its not all that bad. Our other truck has a C12 and pull down low way better. The Mercedes does ok if you keep it wound up. Both are in front of 10spds

abbottfarms

Reaction score
We actually have a freight shaker with a Mercedes in it, its not all that bad. Our other truck has a C12 and pull down low way better. The Mercedes does ok if you keep it wound up. Both are in front of 10spds

What year mercedes? Lots of trouble with them around here, a friend bought a sterling with one in it, out of 13 months of ownership it was at the dealer 5 months total, all engine related. Was a brand new truck when he purchased it.

gmatusek9110

Reaction score
008_zps1268dd88.jpg

My 07 pete thought pics might help the get us a section.

Latest posts

Members online