CKP sensors

fordman2121

Reaction score
What is the reasoning for having 2 ckp sensors and a cam sensor? I assume they have different teeth count on the 2 ckp sensors(anybody know how many teeth) and then witch one is used for rpm?

2wd-fire

Reaction score
What is the reasoning for having 2 ckp sensors and a cam sensor? I assume they have different teeth count on the 2 ckp sensors(anybody know how many teeth) and then witch one is used for rpm?

the ckp is used for rpm. there is no teeth on the cam sensor just one magnet.

BOSS450

Reaction score
I have my crank out right now. I will actually be moving the reluctor wheel and can get you a picture. May I ask why you are wondering the teeth count?

fordman2121

Reaction score
Fummins build. Thinking I might be able to use an oe sensor and get a reluctor wheel with the right amount of teeth for the tach. We are using most of the other sensors already so we can use a cts monitor.thanks for looking guys.

fordman2121

Reaction score
I found a pic online of the ckp sensor. Looks like 58 teeth plus 2 missing. Has anybody had a chance to count. So Im planning on making a bracket and mounting the sensor right on it to measure rpm. The wheel we had already is a 58 plus 2 so we should be able to make this work this weekend.

Latest posts

Members online