Cold start upgrades

Big Bore

Reaction score
New trucks start much easier when cold and dont even need plugging in sub zero. I've done the heavy duty GPR, got the good GP's, full syn etc etc. Plugging in is not an option, I'm off grid. I'm thinking of playing around with an intake heater and cold start tunes. Anyone seen or done this?

ToMang07

Reaction score
I removed the intake heater back in the day, I found it to be useless, really just for making the exhaust look cleaner. Strong batteries and healthy glow plugs.... and quality oil.... made way more difference than anything else. I'd definitely run a good anti-gel as well.

Big Bore

Reaction score
I removed the intake heater back in the day, I found it to be useless, really just for making the exhaust look cleaner. Strong batteries and healthy glow plugs.... and quality oil.... made way more difference than anything else. I'd definitely run a good anti-gel as well.
Yes the factory AIH is useless. I was thinking more like the Cummins heater. The factory AIH wasn't used for starting, it was for smoke reduction when idling.

Charles

Reaction score
A functional 7.3 does not need to be plugged it. Should fire immediately.

As for the idea of improvements to cold running..... B-code nozzle VOP. I don't even wait to start anymore in normal temps, no matter how long it's been sitting. It just cranks immediately.

Make sure your program has plenty of cranking icp and pw. A worn set of injectors will eat pw

Latest posts

Members online