Cold truck shift issues

SOBX

Reaction score
On a cold motor, my truck won't shift until I hit 3k rpm's. Any reason why? No CEL, no codes, 2006 FX4 auto. Tranny fluid topped of, clean and doesn't angel burnt.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

SOBX

Reaction score
That explains a lot. It just may be linked to ficm (which I know is broke) and egr issues I already have.

jdc753

Reaction score
I'm guessing your dropping your foot right into it?

Sounds normal to me, but when the motor is cold I barely put my foot in it and I can have it shift at 1300RPM, but usually pedal it to shift around 2k. Just takes a while to get up to speed is all, talking loaded triaxle dump 0-30 uphill kinda time.

3brorce

Reaction score
I'm guessing your dropping your foot right into it?

Sounds normal to me, but when the motor is cold I barely put my foot in it and I can have it shift at 1300RPM, but usually pedal it to shift around 2k. Just takes a while to get up to speed is all, talking loaded triaxle dump 0-30 uphill kinda time.
Sounds normal to me also. I had to let off the throttle to get her to shift for me. Get her going and she would rev then all I had to do is let off the skinny pedal a little to get her to upshift

jdc753

Reaction score
Yup, gotta pedal it a little when its cold, can be fun cause you can really make the truck sound like a 6-speed without much trouble, bring up the RPM, let it hang then back out to force the shift and roll back into it, kinda fun lol

SOBX

Reaction score
Had an old IDI that I had to double clutch. That thing sounded rough when it was cold, but that's neither here nor there. I'll be moving up to the air force academy housing in April and will be able to finally plug the truck in every night. Hopefully I'll be able to get that transmission blanket I've had my eye on for the last month. That should help right?

3brorce

Reaction score
No need for trans blanket and I have neer even heard of a trans blanket honestly

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
I've heard of a trans blanket. Drag racers use them to contain the parts in the event of a transmission explosion. I've never heard of one used to keep a trans warm, and I don't understand why someone would need to keep the trans warm, either.

If you kept the engine warm it would fix your cold shift problem. Keeping the trans warm won't make any difference.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Just one bad injector can cause this... I see it all the time

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.