Cracked blocks

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Sure seems to be quite a few of them lately. Or at least a lot of members seem to be having this issue now.

dstryr

Reaction score
Hhmmm wonder who would like that assignment?

Not me now lol. I'm balls to the wall right now. Every time the president speaks I have to spend an extra few hours in the shop. I just think a machined block would be awesome.

3brorce

Reaction score
Man these things are cracking blocks and pistons gosh damn it!

Wayne

Reaction score
seems like most of them do. That's why we use teflon paste on the base of the studs, and some BG cooling system sealer. We have had perfect luck with that combo. On the extreme builds we use hard blok with a special cooling system sealer cap before assembly. So far, so good.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

id be down to try. one thing we dont know is if the CGI block can withstand main walk .. the reason the bottom end is SO stout in the 6.4 is the bed plate. the blocks are cracking at the bottom side of the stud holes from the retarded tq we are putting on them. did we put this kinda tq on them before we started using ARP's ? is that tq even an issue if the stud is yielding before we put 290 ft/lbs to them ? im pretty sure, unfotunately, alot of stuff doesnt interchange from that block to ours. im not positive exactly, but i think the crank is one of them. the heads are different as well, on top of that the bellhousing pattern is meant for a bigger transmission, ie: for a motorhome.

Last edited:

HD F250

Reaction score
seems like most of them do. That's why we use teflon paste on the base of the studs, and some BG cooling system sealer. We have had perfect luck with that combo. On the extreme builds we use hard blok with a special cooling system sealer cap before assembly. So far, so good.

My fingers are crossed this works. I don't want to be added to the list of cracked blocks after the down time and cash associated with these builds.

01PSD

Reaction score
We're talking big $$$$$$ here, this is way outta my league.. But i'll gladly follow along and edumucate myself :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online