Cracked blocks

gman1

Reaction score
does anyone have more crack pics to post up?

crack_cocaine6.jpg
"]
crack_cocaine6.jpg
[/URL]

Highroller54

Reaction score
I knew as soon as I hit reply lol

My buddy owns passenger auto and is interested in a solution but I need some pics for him. He's a badass machinest/welder/fabricator. I'm trying to get a spare block as we speak.

Reaction score
In the cracked blocks I have, all been across the second stud from the ends in the lifter valley. The wall thickness around the stud there is thinner than all the other studs.

Not saying that other studs holes can't crack too. Just my observations. And based off material strength, if the blocks were to have a weak area that breaks when torqued, it wound be one of the four studs next to the lifter valley that have 1/2 as much material around them. So far this has been the case for my shop and quite a few others I have talked to with cracked blocks.

Reaction score
All this talk makes me want to go back to an 07 6.0 with low miles lol but if it seems to be only when your torquing them for the second go around or just goin over spec then maybe ill just keep the bitch! But the whole cracking pistons sucks ass too... Sorry for the rant, carry on with the great info guys

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I have ARP's and used the new moly lube. I torqued them to the new spec of 275# and i did that in 5 steps. This was the first time these studs were used and the milage was 66,xxx. Current milage is 77,xxx. So far so good:priest:

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Whats the torque spec on the factory bolts? My elite studs were torqued to there spec in 2011. 15k later, 71mm lp, mostly towing on the Spartan 250 tune and pulling long hills at 40-42 psi boost. No issues yet, Knock on wood. This thread is the first I have ever heard of this. Hopefully the 190ft lbs is enough to keep my heads holding well and my block in one peice.

If one person was to read all the things that could possibly go wrong with these trucks (or any truck) They would go insane or sell it and start riding a bike to work LOL

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
I dont know why everyone is worrying. With the amount of cracked blocks mentioned that's only a drop in the bucket as to how many were produced.
*(Even more if the old maxxforce 7 block was the same)

sootie

Reaction score
i did on my old truck with just a mini maxx, 5" straight pipe and K&N intake. the word "abuse" hardly explains it tho
LOL

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
For what its worth, I've never seen a late model 6.4 blow the gaskets under 650 RWHP. Its always the 08 trucks that do it. The later gasket seems to always prevail

Jared

Latest posts

Members online