crankshaft position sensor, slow crank?

willholl79

Reaction score
Check wires. How old is your starter? I had replaced my starter and then 6 months later the solenoid started to crap out because of corrosion. Had to clean the wire connections and new starter again.

Starter is less than 1 month old.

Snoop

Reaction score
Damn. If you still don't have success, I'd get another starter and pop it in to eliminate a defective starter. Then return it if no success

willholl79

Reaction score
I have a feeling there's a gimped up wire somewhere that got pulled loose or damaged while crawling around torqueing the studs.

willholl79

Reaction score
I found that the pos wire that connects both batteries had broken off the terminal. Hook it back up, no change.

WTF?????????????

willholl79

Reaction score
The bare ground wire that is around the end of the wiring harness at crank sensor, where does it terminate? I spliced a new plug and longer wire so I could route it differently.

Snoop

Reaction score
I don't think slow crank, only no crank. Does your truck fire up currently? If you're sure the starters you are putting in are 100% healthy, and no motor resistance, then it's gotta be a wire that isn't allowing full juice to flow. If a wire is barely making a connection and you try loading it, it can heat up and deteriorate the terminal. Happened to me once and it was tough to find cuz it's not obvious to the visually. The connection will still allow you to measure voltage but won't flow enough current. This usually happens in high current wires, not control wires usually. Do you have the ability to run a new temporary wire from your battery to the Starter to make sure that connection is good?

I'm stumped, just trying to toss around ideas. I wanna know what it is...

willholl79

Reaction score
I don't think slow crank, only no crank. Does your truck fire up currently? If you're sure the starters you are putting in are 100% healthy, and no motor resistance, then it's gotta be a wire that isn't allowing full juice to flow. If a wire is barely making a connection and you try loading it, it can heat up and deteriorate the terminal. Happened to me once and it was tough to find cuz it's not obvious to the visually. The connection will still allow you to measure voltage but won't flow enough current. This usually happens in high current wires, not control wires usually. Do you have the ability to run a new temporary wire from your battery to the Starter to make sure that connection is good?

I'm stumped, just trying to toss around ideas. I wanna know what it is...

You and me both. This thing is kicking my ass.

I have been thinking the same thing about the high current wires. I have used a heavy duty set of jumper cables to bypass every high current wire I can find from the batteries to the starter, nothing helps.

And no, the truck does not fire up, turns over too slow to even think about it.

Lassie

Reaction score
Have you tried jumping power to the solenoid then? Maybe you're current draw issue is to the coil of the starter solenoid. Maybe not enough juice to fully close contacts. Quick thing to try

Lassie

Reaction score
I'm not familiar enough with the starting circuit to help you much here...but if jumping straight to the starter corrects the rpm, you may have a relay burnt somewhere in line with the solenoid.

Lassie

Reaction score
Another thing you could try is jump the body of the starter to the negative post. Your starter grounds through its frame. If you have a ground issue, this should tell you.

willholl79

Reaction score
I've tried jumping, bypassing starter wire any which way. Nothing.

I'm about at the end of my rope with this thing. Not sure whether to call a rollback or set it on fire.

range91

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what does icp read on ae while turning it over.. Can there be that much force if pump was either to put out 3000+ psi while cranking or hydro locked oil circuit causing the slow turn? Have u tried to turn over with serp belt off

Snoop

Reaction score
I want a video of that!

When it cranks, does the motor sound consistent? You said there is no fuel/oil coming out of the glows... Maybe a valve issue, not opening?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.