crankshaft position sensor, slow crank?

Snoop

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what does icp read on ae while turning it over.. Can there be that much force if pump was either to put out 3000+ psi while cranking or hydro locked oil circuit causing the slow turn?

^^^
Then drain the oil and do a quick crank to see if it frees up?

willholl79

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what does icp read on ae while turning it over.. Can there be that much force if pump was either to put out 3000+ psi while cranking or hydro locked oil circuit causing the slow turn? Have u tried to turn over with serp belt off

Yes, I've tried with the belt off.

willholl79

Reaction score
Something happened with the sound while uploading. It sounds the same as it does at first for as long as you crank it.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
double check your low pressure oil and crank that bitch for 30 seconds... dont be scared... you need to get over the hump of building 500 psi needed to fire.... that turning over doesnt sound too bad, I have had some just like that.

willholl79

Reaction score
double check your low pressure oil and crank that bitch for 30 seconds... dont be scared... you need to get over the hump of building 500 psi needed to fire.... that turning over doesnt sound too bad, I have had some just like that.

Just seems like it's turning over way to slow to even think about firing.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Have to crank it long enough to build lpo so the lifters are doing there job of opening the valves

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Lassie

Reaction score
I'm dying to here what this turns out to be.

Did you position the crank any certain position before heads were installed? The procedure calls for the crank at 6' oclock (I think). I've read where guys have bent push rods and broke rocker arms and they blamed on that. Could a bent rod be slowing his crank down?

willholl79

Reaction score
I'm dying to here what this turns out to be.

Did you position the crank any certain position before heads were installed? The procedure calls for the crank at 6' oclock (I think). I've read where guys have bent push rods and broke rocker arms and they blamed on that. Could a bent rod be slowing his crank down?

I did position the engine at 6:00.

Today I pulled the valve covers and oil rail. No broken rockers, no bend pushrods.

Lassie

Reaction score
What are you calling the negative side???? The starter grounds through its frame. If you are referring to the two posts on the starter/solenoid, one is the hot to the solenoid, the other is the hot to starter from solenoid. If you measure across those, you should drop 12 volts...and when cranking, you should drop 0.

Have you jumped power to the coil of the solenoid yet (the small stud on the starter) to see if that circuit is weak?

Lassie

Reaction score
{Have you jumped power to the coil of the solenoid yet (the small stud on the starter) to see if that circuit is weak?}

But, since the bendix uses this as its power source too, you would probably hear some grinding if that circuit was weak

Latest posts

Members online