Custom Emblems

Danbonzo

Reaction score
I've seen the custom badges for the front fenders, but haven't located anyone who makes custom replacements for the grille and tailgate emblems. The blue in my Ford logo is starting to flake so its time for something else. Anyone have any sources or ideas on the subject? BTW:nopics:

Matt

Reaction score
Billet badges are nice, but they can't do anything Ford. I would like to have black grille and tailgate emblems, but I don't want to put stickers on.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Okay so after checking out the Billet Badges site I stand corrected on the terminology. Accordind to them, a badge is what is located on the grille and tailgate because it follows a consistent shape i.e. an oval, rectangle, etc..
The few examples they show really didn't do ianything for me. I'd prefer stock over those, but I liked the fender badges they showed. I was wondering about maybe modifying a stock badge by either custom paint or a decal from the backside somehow. I'll pull one tomorrow and see if what I'm describing is even possible. I've seen the orange and black H.I. badges before which I thought looked real trick and at a glance it appeared that the oem had been modified to achieve the result.?

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Basically, I think they received a cease and desist from them.

That Figures. What's the beef if they are still flying "Ford" flag. I know Ford motor Co. would have a problem with anyone making a buck off them but maybe we could sell them on the "its free advertising" pitch. :slap:

jwlandry

Reaction score
just something for Ford to B!tch and nag about.

I think they got mad bc steve was making a way nicer product then they were

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Heres mine from BilletBadges. I think the quality is there. I havent had any problems for the three yrs ive had them on. He will do any design u want and color combo. Now i just need side vents to match. Sorry about the chitty pic.
2010-04-27195854.jpg

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Heres mine from BilletBadges. I think the quality is there. I havent had any problems for the three yrs ive had them on. He will do any design u want and color combo. Now i just need side vents to match. Sorry about the chitty pic.
2010-04-27195854.jpg

What did that piece run you?

Matt

Reaction score
The problem I've always had with putting International on my truck, is I don't think people in small community would get it, then I would just look like some idiot, haha.

derrick36

Reaction score
Nothing fancy, just blacked out.
135.jpg

141.jpg

A little acetone and a green scrubby took the paint off real quick. Then just a couple coats of black and clear.

Easy.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
those look sharp !!
Thanks bud

The problem I've always had with putting International on my truck, is I don't think people in small community would get it, then I would just look like some idiot, haha.
Yea i get the "I didnt know International made a pickup" alot but most of the ppl i deal with know wat it is lol.

What did that piece run you?

I believe both front and rear were $150.

Danbonzo

Reaction score

International is only one example, point is dare to be different...

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Nothing fancy, just blacked out.
135.jpg

141.jpg

A little acetone and a green scrubby took the paint off real quick. Then just a couple coats of black and clear.

Easy.

I was thinking maybe a Harvester International orange instead of the traditional blue background and keep the "classic Ford" lettering but in black. That would pop.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online