Cylinder Head cracking and Intake Manifold!?

BFT

Reaction score
was not you that asked to delete anything, it was the OP that posted after haddox that requested for his post to be deleted

87jumpy

Reaction score
Who is installing hardened valve seats for you guys?

Are just the seats cracking or are the heads themselves failing?

BFT

Reaction score
most heads are slavageable when they crack (they are more like hairline cracks) i think they crack from the valve to the glow pug

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Who is installing hardened valve seats for you guys?

Are just the seats cracking or are the heads themselves failing?

any good machine shop can install them

Factory heads are induction hardened doesnt work all that well for whatever reason, mine were cracked all the way to the glow plug hole and the machine shop that did them said they would be fine

madman1234509

Reaction score
any good machine shop can install them

Factory heads are induction hardened doesnt work all that well for whatever reason, mine were cracked all the way to the glow plug hole and the machine shop that did them said they would be fine

So did you put your heads that had these cracks back on the truck? Any issues? Also what are you guys paying for hardened valve seats? Just curious because my heads are coming off next week hopefully for head gaskets, depending on the machine shops schedule, and Ive been worried about this. I even started a thread before this one came up over on psn. Maybe I should wait to do the job until I have some extra $$ for hardened valve seats, or just heads in general? My truck has syptoms of blown head gaskets on the 275 and 310 tune but not on the 250 and lower ones, it just pukes when on it really hard on the higher tunes. Truck was only tuned for less than 15000 miles with the 275 tune from spartan.