Cylinder Head cracking and Intake Manifold!?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
When I had mine done they were a set of ported heads. Mine acted like yours, puking hard anytime over 75 mph or accelerating hard. One of my heads were junk and the other was alright.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
my heads to have them machined for hardenend seats and also to be machined for elites valve springs, redeck and valve grind, new valve seals ect was 1450 might be a little high i dunno but thats what they charged me.

After awhile the cracks will work their way to the coolant passages and then it will puke coolant all the time.

madman1234509

Reaction score
You had to have them machined for valve springs? If I wanted to do ( I think its stage 1) push rods and valve springs like everyone talks about for "security" I would have to have it machined?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You had to have them machined for valve springs? If I wanted to do ( I think its stage 1) push rods and valve springs like everyone talks about for "security" I would have to have it machined?

Yes thepocket for the spring has to be slightly bigger. They charged me 3 bucks a spring pocket I think

Matt

Reaction score
The valve spring upgrade and pushrod upgrade that ptp is a dealer for requires no head machining.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Nice, I wouldnt mind an option to be able to just drop in new springs without having to pull the heads again if thats possible

Craig@MFI

Reaction score

You can get springs from Rudy's that don't need machining

madman1234509

Reaction score
Thats good to know. This thread has helped out a lot and clears up a lot for me on issues with heads. Ive been trying to gather as much info as I could over the last month or two before tearing into this head gasket job.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Quick question... Do you guys know if the heads need to be disassembled to be surfaced on these trucks? Talking to a local guy about diesels and he was curious.