Dashdaq with KEM Tunes Issue..Need help ASAP

bellyboat

Reaction score
To bad other company's can't build tunes for the DD it would give us more options. I have a few issues with Spartan tunes an would like to try another tuners tunes!!

bellyboat

Reaction score
Well I was towing my 5ver this weekend using the 210 El regular tune, and noticed my truck would buck going up hills. On the flat it was smooth. I also notice while going up hills and easy on the go pedal my boost would sometimes jump over 40psi an my DD alarm would go off. I let off the pedal the second it goes over 40 because I don't have studs and don't want to blow a HG.

On another note how long can I pull a large hill say at 33 boost and 1150 EGTs before she will melt down?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Those EGT's aren't high at all. Did you ever do any monitoring pre-DPF delete? EGT's will sustain 1,000-1,200 degrees during a regen. These motors were designed to handle a good bit of heat. I wouldn't worry too much about the heat unless you start seeing 1300-1400 sustained. As for the boost pressure, it's pretty much unavoidable with these trucks. The nice thing is that the turbos can handle both the heat and high boost pressure. Obviously the big concern is the head gaskets. I've never heard of anyone blowing head gaskets with the 210 to date so if you did happen to blow them towing with that file, I would be very surprised. The nice thing about the 210 files and lower files is that they have the factory safety parameters built in.

As for the bucking, that sounds like touchy throttle to me. It's probably being enhanced by the load behind the truck. If that is the case, your foot is bouncing just enough on the pedal to cause the bucking but at the same time it's not bouncing enough for you to realize it. It could also be due to bad fuel filters. I've even heard that it can be caused by the low pressure fuel pump surging but I don't personally know enough about that issue to say that's your problem.

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Yeah figure for $100 can't really beat it...got all my stuff sent to Spartan now just to wait and hear back hopefully it's good to be retuned for that price. Talked to the seller and honestly he just didn't know from the sound of it as he put the DPF back on the truck and had since sold it so I think I should be good for just the small fee

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Yeah still waiting to get the license back but talked to Mick a little today. Seem to have everything squared away and should be getting it within a day or so...right now just using the DD as a monitor and updated the firmware on it and the new spartan theme is pretty sweet plus it's nice cause now my EGT gauge and FRP both read so it's nice. Overall happy with the whole deal. I'll provide updates once I get everything flashed...also for my setup what tune/trans tuning would you recommend? 2008 F-350 CC DRW 4x4 4.30 gears stock tires right now...going to be going up to 315s soon. I was thinking the 300 or so and wasn't sure on the EL or LL...also does it cost to retune to my new tires when I get them?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I would run late lock files with the 4.30 gears. You'll probably enjoy the tunes more. The early lock files will probably make the truck feel sluggish once the converter locks. You can try either though and see what you like most. We aren't doing custom tire size tunes anymore but we should have an option in the future to eliminate the need for that altogether.

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Okay that sounds good. So how do you gauge the speedo with bigger tires? Would the speedo PID off the DD work or does that calculate it off what the ECM thinks the tire size is?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
You'll need GPS to figure it out accurately. I figured mine out through some math. My Proxes are shorter than stock and I found that my speedometer is off 4 MPH at 75 MPH. So I'm going 71 MPH when my speedometer says 75 MPH. I figured it out using the odometer and mile markers on the highway.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.