Deranged rebuild, the next chapter

Jbenso127

Reaction score
LOL @ that gauge taking flight out of the dash in the video.. That thing leaves hard.. Can't wait till you can get it leaving harder when you get the braking situation figured out.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
well the motor that I got from Ben is needing refreshed. It has to much blow by and compression is low. Going to pull the motor for a hone job and new rings.

Who knows how much power that is causing us. We have also been having problems getting it started. to the point of not being able to get it started even with starting fluid.

We planned on bringing it to the Dyno for Dex event May 10th. we are still going to try and make it to that event with it. it will be close. but goal is to have it ready for St Louis at 100% the following weekend.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Get your chit together. Denver may 31 during qqualifying we'll line up and bust into the 9s together

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Got the motor back from the machine shop today. going to start assembling it tomorrow after work.

Also found out some promising news.

tested the Nitrous today. we weren't getting enough amps to the solenoid with bottle pressure on to open the solenoid so no wonder I wasnt going any faster with the bottle :doh:

Putting a relay in it and hope to hit single digits week from friday. :evil:tree::pimp:

swinky

Reaction score
Yay! You've really worked on you're fuel only numbers, I'm ready to see what she'll do on the juice.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

imelmo

Reaction score
Got the motor back from the machine shop today. going to start assembling it tomorrow after work.

tested the Nitrous today. we weren't getting enough amps to the solenoid with bottle pressure on to open the solenoid so no wonder I wasnt going any faster with the bottle :doh:

Putting a relay in it and hope to hit single digits week from friday. :evil:tree::pimp:

Is that Nitrous Express by chance? That happened to me too, so I ended up just running a wire with a fuse straight to the solenoid, lol.

JMart

Reaction score

Nice, your shop has a quick turn around!

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Got the motor together and in the truck. Just have to finish all the small stuff tomorrow and it should be done!

Turns out the motor I got from Ben still had the old STC fitting in it and it was whored out bad. It's a wonder the thing even started. So hopefully that will add hp as well if it was leaking icp

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Funny story about that. He had just paid black widow diesel to replace that and told me not to worry about looking at it lol

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Got the new motor back in it it's running great

image_zpsd24d0edc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Made a new intake

image_zps3ea332d6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
9.50 here you come. Get r done. Theres a lot of 6 leaker owning standing behind you. Good luck. See you on denver

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
we had the motor out tore down. found out the block was bad tore down another motor to use the block. drop it all off at the machine shop. put it all back together and in the truck in 8 days... not bad I think! having a fast machine shop is how it was able to happen.

Latest posts

Members online