Diesel Power Challenge 2013; Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built 6.7

Reaction score
im just going to warn you all, when i sent my information in, i sent it in on what the truck was 5 months ago i was trueful about. not what we are current planning

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
im just going to warn you all, when i sent my information in, i sent it in on what the truck was 5 months ago i was trueful about. not what we are current planning

I think the point is to enter the information you plan to compete with. At least that is my view on it.
People want to vote on what the truck will have during the event, or at least somewhat close

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I think the point is to enter the information you plan to compete with. At least that is my view on it.
People want to vote on what the truck will have during the event, or at least somewhat close

But look at how many other competitors completely change their setup once they get in. Nothing new

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
But look at how many other competitors completely change their setup once they get in. Nothing new

I realize its nothing new, us included have tweaked things since entering.

But I am saying it would be nice if people entered what they planned on doing if they were to be picked. That way we are voting on the real deal, not what the thing used to be.

Just my .02. Everyone has to have an idea of what they will run should they be choosen. It isnt like its a huge surprise when they decide to change things up

Built 6.7

Reaction score
New setup will be spe motor, dual cp4, injector, compounds, two stages of nitrous, watermeth, and ATS new trans

01PSD

Reaction score
Interested to see how these ATS parts hold up... I've heard they've gotten better with their tranny parts over the years but still shotty on their warranties. Hopefully you'll have plenty of time to test this setup before it possibly goes into battle :ford:

Wayne

Reaction score
New setup will be... ...ATS new trans
Any specs on what they're improving over stock? If you didn't get details, you should save your money. I'm not trying to dog on it, but there's nothing on the website, and specs, clutch counts, etc. go a long way for justifying a purchase like that.

Last edited:

Wayne

Reaction score
not that I know of, but we do have an upgrade unit already built with more clutches, just waiting for when we kill the stock one in the shop truck.

Built 6.7

Reaction score
Yes my buddy mark messed up his tranny and that's the one ATS is building with. And he trade his powerstroke in a new cummins so I bought the the tranny from him.should be done in a few weeks. They have had it for a few months now should be done soon.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
I imagine that most people wont need to build the tranny up right away. If the 6R140 follows the lines of the 4R100 and 5R110 then it should be rated for 1400ft/lb torque.

AllanB

Reaction score
Ok, I am going to throw this out here, and maybe I shouldn't, for whatever reason. While I am not a 6.0 die hard fan. It seems really strange to me that a lot of people are ready to cast their vote for a 6.7 to be in this competition. It has pretty much been stated in this thread that the 6.7 can not get north of 650hp. I do understand that hp is not the only thing that will win the DPC. But I am also willing to bet anyone that 650hp doesn't win this event. As long as some of these guys have been running these 6.0's. I know there has got to be a few of them that are well north of 650hp, and have proven their setup to be reliable. Not sure if its politics or what. But personaly, if I wanted someone in a Ford to win this again, and I cast my vote. If it isn't for 3 x 6.4's there will be a 6.0 or 7.3 voted for over a 6.7. Not trying to disrespect any of the 6.7 owners. But read this thread, and it is plain that they are still in the process of trying to make big numbers, and do not have a trans to back it up if they could make it. Are we really wanting Ford to win again? Just my 2 cents.

dieselpower

Reaction score
Ok, I am going to throw this out here, and maybe I shouldn't, for whatever reason. While I am not a 6.0 die hard fan. It seems really strange to me that a lot of people are ready to cast their vote for a 6.7 to be in this competition. It has pretty much been stated in this thread that the 6.7 can not get north of 650hp. I do understand that hp is not the only thing that will win the DPC. But I am also willing to bet anyone that 650hp doesn't win this event. As long as some of these guys have been running these 6.0's. I know there has got to be a few of them that are well north of 650hp, and have proven their setup to be reliable. Not sure if its politics or what. But personaly, if I wanted someone in a Ford to win this again, and I cast my vote. If it isn't for 3 x 6.4's there will be a 6.0 or 7.3 voted for over a 6.7. Not trying to disrespect any of the 6.7 owners. But read this thread, and it is plain that they are still in the process of trying to make big numbers, and do not have a trans to back it up if they could make it. Are we really wanting Ford to win again? Just my 2 cents.

definitely :whs:

HD F250

Reaction score

:whs: 6.4 for another win! The 6.7 doesn't have enough power or parts to compete IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.