DieselPower readers

rascal

Reaction score
Anybody see the new one with the high horsepower 7.3 build with longevity in mind?

Can't wait to see how it turns out; it might be the blue print for my engine.

However, I did question partitally filling the block. Is that necessary in high performance 7.3's? I would think the more collant you could flow through the water jackets the better the heat transfer would be.

I am glad see to the 7.3's still holding their own in the world of diesel's; especially with everything going common rail. There is one in this years Diesel Power Challenge too!

PSDEng

Reaction score
There are members on here that have partially filled the block on street trucks with no negative effects. If there's one thing that they engine designers did very well on these motors it's the cooling capacity. Filling the block adds rigidity to it, and that's something some higher powered motors MAY need. I say may need because some ppl run without a filled block and get by fine.
I'm working on an engine now for pulling and the block has been filled. Some folks even go as far as eliminating the cooling jets on pure pulling/drag trucks.

Short Bus

Reaction score
i have never heard of anyone purposely ditching the piston cooling oil jets. IMO that would be pretty retarded to do that on a 15k+ engine.

My wifes daily driver has a filled block and no issues, been almost 3 years now and does tow some...

rascal

Reaction score
i have never heard of anyone purposely ditching the piston cooling oil jets. IMO that would be pretty retarded to do that on a 15k+ engine.

My wifes daily driver has a filled block and no issues, been almost 3 years now and does tow some...

Does your wife drive the 99 in your sig? That sounds like one awesome daily driver.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Guys recommend to do a partial fill before even a stud girdle. I went both on mine.

rascal

Reaction score
When I can afford a big build up I will plan on partially filling the block.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Yeah she isn't letting it go now. If it comes down to driving it or my 13, she drives the 99!

OSCS

Reaction score
ditching the jets is not uncommon i was reading about it the other day on steel soldiers

OSCS

Reaction score
Not uncommon in what?

The LDT motors/LS, vortech/ L series datsuns. Ive heard about it on ls1tech, hybridz and on steel soldiers.. I didnt pay much attention to it as it seems like a bad idea to me but i have read on multiple boards in multiple situations where people get rid of them. As to why? good question.. but do people do it? Yes.

Last edited:

blaze42069

Reaction score
Filling the block is fine, I love this build too and am planning to do it. My issue is getting anyone at UNLIMITED DIESEL to answer a phone, return an email or anything, I've emailed them about 3 times and left 2 messages with no response. Anyone else have these issues? Maybe they're super busy??
So my question is, does anyone know someone interested in building these motors that do quality reliable work? SWAMPS is the only guys I know of who have a good reputation.
And an even harder question, does anyone know anyone in Canada worth doing a build like this? I have no issue ordering from the States, but Canada could save me 1-2k in duty and customs fees.
I wanna do this build bad and got 15k saved up for this, I love my 7.3 and don't wanna destroke the Ford. Thanks guys :toast:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.