Difference between hybrid and conventional injectors????

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
Oh yeah compounds would be the way to go in the perfect world but does he have the money for compounds. My buddy tows with the set up i listed on his 05 he loves it. He has a Manuel trans tho he has towed 16k with it before hauling our 4440 John Deere tractor.

swinky

Reaction score
i reread your post i get what your saying now. But if you are planning on building the motor completely up what are goals going to be then. will run the conventionals or hybrids then. You say your going to try and get into the 11s now are you meaning high or low 11s? If it was me I would rather bigger injectors and turbo to try and achieve your goal of getting the truck into the 11s before spraying the **** out of it just to get it into the 11s on a stock bottom end.
I'm not going to have to spray a lot at all to get it in the 11s with my current setup.
We'll see how much further I want to take it. With the dual hpops and high volume pumps available I just don't see the point of hybrids. Sure they dump fuel but there's a reason trucks with hybrids respond better to nitrous than trucks with conventionals.

JGman141

Reaction score
I'm switch from conventionals to hybrids just because when you get over 255s you risk breaking the intensifier spring. I just pulled my injectors and took apart two of them and they were both broken. With hybrids it won't require as much stroke so the risk is far less.

Latest posts

Members online