Dish help 6.0

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Icp is 260 when cranking, ipr is 85 percent. No start. Small shot of either and it will fire off and run all day. Will not cut back on. Has brand new o rings, stand pipes, dummy plugs and stc fitting updated by rudys. Pump makes 3800 psi without tune in neutral. Ford tech told me to replace ipr and test again and see if it hekps. Before I spend 200 plus on an ipr, does this sound accurste? Sticking ipr? Fuel pressure is good also. Injectors are brand new. Thanks any help appreciated :swordfight:

JGman141

Reaction score
Never use ether on these trucks, it can really mess things up. You have a hpo leak, if look into updated stand pipes and dumbie plugs. If your truck is 05+ I'd look into replacing the stc fitting as well

CLT2005

Reaction score
Mine was a combination of bad ipr and leaking at the top o-ring of my injectors. Also make sure you don't have a short in your wiring. Fixed all my leaks and it didn't start initially because I crushed the wire going to the ipr. Fixed that and it's been running great ever since. I fixed mine by watching YouTube about how to service high pressure oil rails and injectors.

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Relaxed ipr. Cranked first time building 500 plus psi. Run 20 min until warm up. I cut it off, still no start when hot. Brand new stc , dummy plugs and ipr. Help please..

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
unplug the ICP sensor see if it starts, sounds like you have an oil leak somewhere though. if unplugging the sensor doesn't let the truck start, next step would be air testing the system and listening for leaks.

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Tried the valve cover icp sensor unplugged trick pskid187, no crank. Desired showed 600 something. Brand new ipr. Will crank when cold but not on hot restart. Will pull valve covers soon. Anyone have experience doing upper injector o rings. Instructions welcomed

CLT2005

Reaction score
Those videos, and a couple online manuals are what I used to do mine. Make sure you air test it. Makes it much easier to find all the leaks.

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Update
air checked fine, now it will start right up np problem but still hot no start, 37 psi on icp gauge no tune. Today while droving 75 down interstate it just cut off on me! Tried to destart, no fire, turned over fine, ipr 85 percent icp 37, ficm 48, good fuel psi. Tried unplugging icp sensor and still no crank with icp showing 600 something when unplugged. Sprayed a little ether to see if would fire (normally it would crank right back up with a little ether and run fine) and now it won't stay running just ran a sec on the ether..... gotta be a puMP right? ?? Brand new stand pipes, dummy plugs, new o rings on all, new stc and all. Everything new on motor except the pump. ... gotta be pump right? ??? BRAND new ipr also!

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Pulled oil rails and found 1 injector o ring blown apart, is that enough to cause a no start and no icp buildup? All stand pipes and dummys were perfect

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.