DIY Bellowed Up-Pipes

rat49f6

Reaction score
I had no prior knowledge of any vender making these until it was mentioned here. I asked if there was intrest and then stopped mentioning it as to not step over the line. The parts im having made are one off by a friend who is a water jet operator ... I mentioned this as I want to show that this is possible for people to do without a tig welder and without factory donuts

Mods if I have over steped my bounds please let me know so it can be corrected

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
that sounds better to me...

good parts list too!

do the obs ih bellowed uppie gaskets differ from the sd gaskets? just asking cuz sd ih bellowed uppie gaskets are 10$ a set....

live life full throttle

Krause

Reaction score
that sounds better to me...

good parts list too!

do the obs ih bellowed uppie gaskets differ from the sd gaskets? just asking cuz sd ih bellowed uppie gaskets are 10$ a set....

live life full throttle

Yea that is a good question, I was aware the SD ones were way cheaper, kinda like how the SD uppipes are way cheaper with fewer parts. But that said, there is probly a small difference, would love to get my hands on both of them and see exactly.

rat49f6

Reaction score
Im also trying to gwt my hands on a gasket vibrant makes to see if that will work ahouls have those I hand by mid week

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

markfuga

Reaction score
The super duty gaskets ($10) and the vibrant gasket (1456) have wider bolt hole circles. The closest gasket I was able to find was a Walker 31313. The Vibrant gasket is the next best fit if you dremmel the holes larger to close the gap. Honestly, the best gasket to use is the $50 IH gasket. Its a perfect fit and tempered for proper performance. Also the IH gasket is designed to seal the fine line between the bolt holes and the donut chamfer. If you buy the IH bellow pipe kit it comes with 4 extra round SS gaskets that go on the bolts like lock washers. These little gaskets are to seal the bolt heads against blow by that may make it past that fine line and up the bolt holes.

Krause

Reaction score
The super duty gaskets ($10) and the vibrant gasket (1456) have wider bolt hole circles. The closest gasket I was able to find was a Walker 31313. The Vibrant gasket is the next best fit if you dremmel the holes larger to close the gap. Honestly, the best gasket to use is the $50 IH gasket. Its a perfect fit and tempered for proper performance. Also the IH gasket is designed to seal the fine line between the bolt holes and the donut chamfer. If you buy the IH bellow pipe kit it comes with 4 extra round SS gaskets that go on the bolts like lock washers. These little gaskets are to seal the bolt heads against blow by that may make it past that fine line and up the bolt holes.

Good info there, thanks! Important point you make about remembering to seal the bolts as well.

Latest posts

Members online