diy custom minimax mount

oneturboforme

Reaction score
if you are good at fiberglassing you should give it a try its quite easy..... basically what i did was, take a peice of cardboard and trace the minimax onto it, cut it out then i hot glued it into the position i wanted which was slightly angled toward the driver.. then start fiberglassing work slow and try to get it the best you can with fiberglass, sanding it should be done asap so the fiberglass inst all the way cured or its gonna take you awhile.. then fill the little voids with glazing filler.. sand smooth and paint... heres some pics of mine.. sorry for the crazy paint job.. i like it but to each his own...

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMAG0219.jpg
    IMAG0219.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • IMAG0220.jpg
    IMAG0220.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • IMAG0221.jpg
    IMAG0221.jpg
    774.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMAG0223.jpg
    IMAG0223.jpg
    981.5 KB · Views: 128

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Its different but I kinda like it! Do the other pieces match it?

they will match it.. im not a fan of the fake wood grain.. just figured since i had to paint this i would try what i liked on this peice first... this was the thrid paint job on it... haha im in the process of pulling everything as we speak

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Take the side plastic peice off by pulling the rubber seal away from it then pulling strait out toward the door then grip the end peice and pull strait toward the seat.. all clips... Them unplug the headlights and dimmer, you also want to pull then out of that peice and plug them back in or your batt will die

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I will post pics asap..... Got some more paint to do on the outside...grill, mirrors headlights and side badges but ill try to speed this process up as fast as I can

sawed off

Reaction score
Nice work my friend! Im gonna do one thats seperate from the front piece. gonna make it contour back to the front of the window and angle it. Then If I dont like it, I can always take it out and start over. I was even thinkng of doing it in carbon fiber possiably

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Good luck.... That sounds like a good approach to making a removible one.. have you ever worked with carbon fiber? It's a major pain in the ass... Tomake sure everything is lined up strait... You can have it painted carbon and it will look like it, also get a carbon fiber fabric, use glue and them clear it... I did that on my old 08 tundra dash good luck post picd when your done

Latest posts

Members online