Door strikers = best $100 I've spent on this truck

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Installed them on the weekend, I had a small squeak/creak as I leaned on the door arm rest or when driving on rough roads. Seems to have dampened the sound and vibrations for now. I only did my front doors for now as the strikers are $40 a piece up here in Canada.
oh wow..

mine are in the mailbox and im going to get to them soon..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
just put mine on.. by looking at them, they are the same size but the new ones have a rubber bumper molded around them.. not sure if that is suposed to be taken off?.. i think my drivers rear door hits the rubber way to hard cuz i have to literally slam the door to seat it.. i dont think any of them close against the door seal any tighter at all. my passenger front door still feels and looks like it is out of line like it was with the original striker on it... but i haven't driven it to verify if wind noise is any better or not..

MorganM

Reaction score
No adjustment in the striker, adjustment is in the latch.

The rubber piece belongs there and holds the door stable, as well as, attenuates noise from opening/ closing.

The doors will initially be a bit harder to close, but will get better after repeated use.

Zmann

Reaction score
I ordered a front set and tracked them via UPS to my delivery route
then back to Sunrise Ford ;-( someone addressed them wrong or the mailman is blind LOL

Bfazona

Reaction score
Got mine installed and happy with the results. The doors close more tightly, almost like a new car, not the typical loose super duty closure. No door rattle hitting hard bumps or uneven surface transition now too.

Jomax

Reaction score
So update, my rear doors still are hard to close. Might be going back to the original strikers for the rear doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So update, my rear doors still are hard to close. Might be going back to the original strikers for the rear doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i may donthe same with the rears... i took it on the freeway yesterday and wind noise might be worse..not sure yet.. and even just driving around and i think i can hear the exhaust more so that tells me that the doors might not be closing tighter than the oem strikers. but they are all silent due to rubber stoppers..

bootcamp

Reaction score
Going to order me a set of these today, cant remember, but all of the strikers are the same correct. so it doesn't matter if you order left or right?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
got it back on tye freeway this morning.. nice calm day. i definitely have more wind noise then i had before.. which confirms my suspicions that the new striker holds the doors out more from the seal.. they don't rattle what so ever now due to having the rubber on them. i might try and modify the old strikers to see if i can get it to shut tighter and then try it with the new ones...

Zmann

Reaction score
I compared these to my 06 strikers and the front leg (where the latch hooks on to ) is in the exact same position
so the door does not close any further but the rubber snubber does wedge into the latch area and also puts some outward pressure on the door the wedge keeps the latch from bearing all its weight on the striker

be aware the footprint of the 150 strikers is a little different so you may show same scratches or just tape off the area and paint it black before you pu the striker on

another thing i had read and believe to be true is that if you remove the tabs for the captured nut plate on the door jamb you may be able to adjust the striker a little in all directions vs the no adjustment OEM gives you

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
another thing i had read and believe to be true is that if you remove the tabs for the captured nut plate on the door jamb you may be able to adjust the striker a little in all directions vs the no adjustment OEM gives you

where exactly are you talking about?

MorganM

Reaction score
At least in mine, there was a very minimal amount of movement in the striker which allowed me to tweak (again, just slightly) the tightness of the door.

Try pushing the striker inboard with your hand as you tighten the bolts, you'll see what I mean. It's not much, but it's there.

@Zmann- I say that before you remove something and it falls into the post behind the sheetmetal.

boggerr

Reaction score
At least in mine, there was a very minimal amount of movement in the striker which allowed me to tweak (again, just slightly) the tightness of the door.

Try pushing the striker inboard with your hand as you tighten the bolts, you'll see what I mean. It's not much, but it's there.

@Zmann- I say that before you remove something and it falls into the post behind the sheetmetal.

Mine is the same way, you can adjust them but very slightly. I had to move one around on my rear door to get it to close a bit tighter

Zmann, I was thinking the same thing but if you mess up that plate will be lost forever lol

Zmann

Reaction score
you can get to the front door plate by popping out the wire loom from the rear doors
a magnet would retrieve it if you did drop it after breaking it free from it's retention
points or just use nuts to hold the striker bolts since you can get a socket in there

the back doors look like you would be pulling the rear pillar trim where the speakers are to find the plate if you dropped it

Latest posts

Members online