Draining fuel cell(yeah, I know I made a legitimate post, crazy)

SevenThree

Reaction score
Kid that works for me put about 1/2 gallon of gasoline in my '16(tank 1/2 full), truck was NOT started, thank God. What is the best way to drain the fuel cell?

Ps- Hi guys!đź‘‹

Jake

Reaction score
Some small, like 1/4 vynil tubing, fill it with diesel before you fish it into the tank, with the end that it staying out capped. That should be enough to get a siphon going without sucking on it. Should be able to drain down to 1/2" in the tank. Fill it back full and be good to go

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jake

Reaction score
Good luck with it! Are you training on your own now?

Jake

Reaction score
Cool! Reiners to police dogs, that's an interesting turn! Been busy here, my brood geldings ate just turned out getting fatter. Too many irons in the fire, haven't shown in two years.

Jake

Reaction score
Water hose will get most of it, it will be easier to get in the tank also, smaller hose will just be able to leave less behind. The solution for pollution is dilution!

bluedge8

Reaction score
I'd consider dropping the tank with what is at stake, or at the very least siphon out, fill and siphon again.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Are the new trucks that sensitive to fuel?

I would think with only a 1/2 gallon of gas being added to the tank that if you just fill it up and go you would be fine.

That should dilute out the gas enough that it really shouldn't matter.

I know I have done that with other older trucks before but nothing newer than a 6.0.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Artic diesel fuel has up to 15 percent gasoline mixed into it. Along with other stuff...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score

I would think with only a 1/2 gallon of gas being added to the tank that if you just fill it up and go you would be fine.

I know I have done that with other older trucks before but nothing newer than a 6.0.
That's what I was thinking. Seems excessive.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Petro

Reaction score

Agreed. I used to run 2 or more gallons of gas through my 6.4's per tank when it would drop below 0° here to prevent gelling. Never has any issues. I'd fill it with diesel and go about your way.

ckrueg

Reaction score
Probably also a good idea to put in some fuel additive to increase the lubrication.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SevenThree

Reaction score
I'm going to drop the tank to be safe if someone could walk me though it, excessive is probably right but I am overkill. He was suppose to fill the def too and although he says he put it in the right rez, I am worried now so I'm going to drop the tank.

Jake

Reaction score
Yeah fuel system is expensive,

I haven't dropped the tank in that truck specifically. But I bet they're all similar. Should be a couple straps holding the tank up. Support the tank, stacking up a bunch of blocks will do the trick. Loosen straps, lower tank just enough to unplug fuel sender, unhook fuel lines, filler neck, and vent line. Then you can just keep pulling blocks out till you have it low enough to get it out from the truck.

My buddies girlfriend put about a half tank of gas in his truck, we drained it empty, put 10 gallons of diesel back in, drained it, then filled it back full of diesel.

Draining down to a gallon should leave about 0.025 gallons of gas, fill back with 35 gallons of diesel puts you at 0.07% gas, which there is probably more than that at the pump when they swapped what product was in what transport trailer.

Latest posts

Members online