Duramax Killer about to be on the loose.

Charles

Reaction score
Awesome. Truly awesome guys. Now that's some serious stuff right there. I feel a paradigm shift coming...

Cppr Busa

Reaction score
Someone should think outside the box and try a new material like Ti or some stainless machined heads. If I had the geometery to make a tool path.....

Stainless and titanium are much harder to work with machining wise. Not that it cant be done...

TurboM700

Reaction score
Stainless and titanium are much harder to work with machining wise. Not that it cant be done...

With the right tools and machines there both not that bad. Now a peice big enough to make cylinder head out of my cost a small fortune. I also would think that Ti and SS dont dispate heat like AL does so it may not make a great head for DD.

If I get time today I will see what a junk of Ti6Al cost that roughly the size of a cylinder head. I'm guessing right now it will be north of 4k.

Mike

EDP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Someone should think outside the box and try a new material like Ti or some stainless machined heads. If I had the geometery to make a tool path.....

Do some research on material and heat absorption. Then take a look at material factors on if say one was to drop a valve or damage the head on which material can be saved and resurrected in the most cost effective way.

The tool path is not for sale.

EDIT: The first run is of two sets. the two owners can chime in if they would like but I am sure one set is not to far from making a pass down the track.

Last edited:

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
Some Jackass on Facebook just asked Empire for the Tool Path file for these heads... REALLY!!!!! Effin moron. They responded with the best response ever. Look it up.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe it was smokin Joe who is on here. That's brilliant.

David S.

Reaction score
on Empire's facebook page, but the comment asking about there machine pattern was deleated.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.