dyno today at rudy's track day

97smoker

Reaction score
Yeah I agree but last year I made 455/830 on stock oil ,stock fuel ,238/100s and d66 turbo on the same dyno . Truck feels twice as fast compared to the old setup.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
You ran a 1.9 60 ft and you are going to try and tell me you were not boosting off the line :rolleyes: It looked like a nice pass. My best 60ft of the day last year was only a 1.85 All I am saying is if you were making 420hp I think the track times and mph would have been better. I agree you are making more than the dyno showed. And btw. I drove 12 hours home.

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
to me it seems like the powerband fell off way fast! thats just me though i havent looked at enough graphs to give you a great answer but again thats JMO

sleeps

Reaction score
You ran a 1.9 60 ft and you are going to try and tell me you were not boosting off the line :rolleyes: It looked like a nice pass. My best 60ft of the day last year was only a 1.85 All I am saying is if you were making 420hp I think the track times and mph would have been better. I agree you are making more than the dyno showed. And btw. I drove 12 hours home.

thats exactly what im saying, whether you choose to belive or not. the slower 60' was just off idle and rolling into it. the 1.9 i was on the brake with just enough on the throttle to hear it, in an attemp to not bog down. maybe a few psi?

im sorry you had a 12 hour drive, i just wasnt going to risk it. im in the navy, i cant call in sick or use having no vehicle as an excuse why im not there in the morning.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
LOL @ THIS THREAD

Hey look :morons:

captain-underpants_logo.jpg

sleeps

Reaction score
to me it seems like the powerband fell off way fast! thats just me though i havent looked at enough graphs to give you a great answer but again thats JMO

thats what i was thinking. it straight hauls from a stop, but the top end power could be better. i didnt post this to bash anyone. my purpose was to see if i was the only one who got low number, to see of the track times match the dyno number, how much i "should" be making and if my truck really is only making 342hp then what is wrong and what should i be checking?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
thats what i was thinking. it straight hauls from a stop, but the top end power could be better. i didnt post this to bash anyone. my purpose was to see if i was the only one who got low number, to see of the track times match the dyno number, how much i "should" be making and if my truck really is only making 342hp then what is wrong and what should i be checking?

The thing about trap speed is a 1/4 mile run will really tell you much better about how much power the truck is making. 5R trans imho are pretty good about hiding that power untill after the 1/8 mile when the truck actually needs to work to get the trap speed

Generally speaking a truck that makes decent power will back half (the difference between 1/8 mile speed and 1/4 mile trap speed) around 20mph, some more some less

My black truck would back half about 20-21 on spray or fuel

My white truck back halfs around 26-27 mph

So what i am going to suggest is try and hit a 1/4 mile track to really see how that works, also the calculators are more accurate on a 1/4 mile calculation... also an ACCURATE weight of the truck helps even further...

sleeps

Reaction score
The thing about trap speed is a 1/4 mile run will really tell you much better about how much power the truck is making. 5R trans imho are pretty good about hiding that power untill after the 1/8 mile when the truck actually needs to work to get the trap speed

Generally speaking a truck that makes decent power will back half (the difference between 1/8 mile speed and 1/4 mile trap speed) around 20mph, some more some less

So what i am going to suggest is try and hit a 1/4 mile track to really see how that works, also the calculators are more accurate on a 1/4 mile calculation... also an ACCURATE weight of the truck helps even further...

good deal man, thanks for the helpful post. ill try to hit a 1/4 track here soon. and go get my truck weighed. i have a weight slip from way back when i was moving, ill have to see if i can find it.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Dude you arent kidding,my truck hauls ass once it hits direct gear, you can honestly just feel it put you in the seat at that point. I had taken a 0-100 boost launch vid the other day but it stopped recording for some reason, you can see the speedo start climbing fast once it hits 60

Blowby

Reaction score
When you figure out how much Haller's Dyno is reading low, let me know so I can adjust my number to the correct HP.

:popcorn:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.