Electric fans

Dzchey21

Reaction score
They don't keep up and if they are cheap and installed with the little clips that slide thru the core rather than a full mount they will rub a hole in your radiator

juniort444e

Reaction score
I was looking at doing a custom dual electric fan setup on my 7.3. Is that a big no no, or can it be done a right way and be satisfied with no over heating issues.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Yeah, definately stay away from the type that clip through the radiator. The ones that mount to the radiator supports are better. May not be adequate but better.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I was looking at doing a custom dual electric fan setup on my 7.3. Is that a big no no, or can it be done a right way and be satisfied with no over heating issues.

Flex-a-Lite's left Danny stranded in Utah at the DPC. Seems like its hit or miss sometimes because those same fans are on UNBROKEN's truck with no issues.... Improper installation though, that kinda defeats the whole purpose.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
I ran a taurus fan on my dodge and it worked but only one wasn't enough. If I was going to go electric again I would go with 2 big Spal fans.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I think if done right and spent a good amount of money on fans and a shroud it would probably be fine. The fans I just took off were small enough that you could have put 4 of them on. And maybe that's all it needed I don't know.

My plans now are to put the factory fan back on and wire the pwm ground to a switch so I can run the fan manually at the Track. Full fan at idle on the stock fan moved more air then these Electrics did.

Last time my truck was on the dyno it overheated prertty bad and took forever to cool off. I was planning on putting the stock fan on anyway.

Sunrise wants 590 for the radiator.

I'm going to see if a local place can re-core it for cheaper ill let everyone know.

I was getting so close too.....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326721335148.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326721335148.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 148

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That sucks about the fans, flex lite I think, should have some large ones available. I used them before, two should work. Looks good, there is always something to throw a wrench into finishing stuff.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Sending the radiator off later today to a place 45miles from here, they seam to think fixing it will be no problem, ill keep everyone posted on what they find and how much to fix it.

Im also going to start a thread with all the changes i made this go-around but not till its running.

gman1

Reaction score
A little bit of a derail but it looks like you have the new No-Limit IC pipe for dual fuelers. Hows the fit?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.