Engine Op Temp

BucktownPSD

Reaction score
My truck seems to blow out hot air just fine. I don't have any gauges to check my temp with. Anyhow the temp gauge on my dash hangs around the middle of the temp picture. It seems that it would be more around halfway up the guage for normal. I just want to know what everyone else's dash reads. It seems like my EBPV valve closes more often than it should and I'm wondering if my engine is not getting to the proper temp.:toast:

Arisley

Reaction score
That gauge on the dash is simply an idiot light with a needle. It's position does not really correspond to a number.

Mine runs at about 200º.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I've noticed that the heat in my obs just isn't that hot....

sling

Reaction score
Mine barely gets into the normal range. It will make ok heat on the highway, but around town the temp dips below normal and it can only make barely warm air.
I had a '97 before, and it behaved exactly the same way.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It seems that when its 20* or below static air temp that I need my heat on full blast whether is city or backroads/highway driving in order to stay 'warm' and not freeze in my truck.

JLDickmon

Reaction score
most of the vehicles we work on run at around half-ish on the guage..
but if you NEED to know, get ISSPRO.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
winter time, 203° stat, radiator 90% blocked, I barely get to 190°

BucktownPSD

Reaction score
most of the vehicles we work on run at around half-ish on the guage..
but if you NEED to know, get ISSPRO.

I was thinking that it should be up around half-ish on the gauge. My stays over the temp symbol year round. I live in Southwest Michigan so we get some pretty good temp swings.

I might just end up getting a gauge to check it with. I was just wondering what everyone else was seeing before I go that route.

Latest posts

Members online