F250 rust

Danny__._

Reaction score
Hello all, brand new to the site. I’m looking into buying a 7.3 power stroke and have found one local to me for a killer price. 230k on the clock, downside is rust. Rust in the rear doors, cab corners, and bed. The drive train runs good. The one thing I’m majorly concerned about is that the bed sits lower than the cab on one side(about an inch to 2 inches, very very slightly on the other (maybe a half inch) My thought is cab corners but wouldn’t that make the cab sit lower? Then I thought it could be the bed rails rotted out… I’m at a loss and have tried to find other problems on the forums but have had no luck. What do y’all think?

Attachments

• IMG_9250.jpeg
    IMG_9250.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9248.jpeg
    IMG_9248.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9246.jpeg
    IMG_9246.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 9

ncollins64

Reaction score
Bed rails and or cab mounts. If the cab mounts are shot which they probably are the cab would sit lower than normal too. The bed rails are easy to replace though with basic steel tubing, I’ll post up sizes and measurements when I get parked for the day.

Danny__._

Reaction score
Bed rails and or cab mounts. If the cab mounts are shot which they probably are the cab would sit lower than normal too. The bed rails are easy to replace though with basic steel tubing, I’ll post up sizes and measurements when I get parked for the day.
My biggest worry is that the frame might be bent, causing these uneven lines. Would there be a good place to start looking/other signs to look at if it was the frame? Cosmetically the truck is a 4/10 but mechanically I’d give it a 7/10 if it is indeed just the bed mounts I may consider getting a parts rig/piecing it together bit by bit, but I’d rather not put too much money into it to begin with.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I suspect if you get under the cab you'll find a lot more rust.

Unless it's free... I doubt it's that good a deal. Good for parts.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I've got $9k wrapped up into a rot box like that right now. But customer wants it done right.. Oil pan, manifolds, complete engine reseal basically. Meanwhile the body is gone...

Latest posts

Members online