F350 DRW Owners to Anyone that Tows A lot

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Coming from the 08 450 the back ned did not sage that much with the fiver on the truck. The pin is in the 4300+# range. The 450 was stock suspension with air bags. I would put about 35-40 psi in the bags so the truck sat level.

With the 16 F350 with a 14000 GVWR I thought it would be fine, well I was wrong. I put air bags on the truck also but I could not find a psi that made the truck happy. I did notice that with no weight and no air that the truck sat almost 4" above the upper overload. The 450 it was touching all the time. So thinking lets try making the overload touch all the time.

So I bought 2 sets of each of the following:
Energy Suspension #9.9109G and 9.9102G. Once number is for the upper overload and the other is for the bottom. This will make both overloads touch all the time. Here is what they look like.

Will give it a try. If I like it then I will most likely either have the upper overload re-arched or just buy a bigger spacer for between the overload the main spring pack to space it up more to almost touch all the time.

The other thing is I put the BigWig bars on the thing, HUGE difference. The stock ones were smaller than on my 1/2 ton GMC.

Attachments

• IMG_0884.jpg
    IMG_0884.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 232

Zmann

Reaction score
those will help a lot IMO lots of in bed camper guys use them and the torklift brand seems more popular for the lower

since you can adjust them to swing out and not effect ride

myself I still use my bags but I also run a Timbren 10k that I can pull a pin on and disconnect when i don't want it in use

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I looked at the torque lift but damn the price.
I will look at the Timbren also. Thanks.
Thats good to hear others have done this and it works. Not expensive for a test be better feeling that it was not a waste.

Zmann

Reaction score
Agreed

the Timbrens I run are the HD like a 12k standard is 6k my airbags are over my rear springs not on the axle so depending on your setup the Timbrens may not work

an probably won't need them anyway

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ive got a set of airlift 5k bags here for my truck. I hope they work well.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
The bags work fine. It has to do with the truck not being on the overloads at all.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea. I hear ya. I pulled mine off. I tried those pafs a few years back and they were ok. I took em off because i started running around with 1500 lbs in the truck and when it wasnt hooked to a trailer it was touching the front overload. Hook the trailer up and it was on them. I didnt mind it really. Some people complain about the ride on the overloads but it wasnt an issue here.

Jomax

Reaction score
those will help a lot IMO lots of in bed camper guys use them and the torklift brand seems more popular for the lower

since you can adjust them to swing out and not effect ride

myself I still use my bags but I also run a Timbren 10k that I can pull a pin on and disconnect when i don't want it in use

Care to post a pic of your timbrens with pins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Yea. I hear ya. I pulled mine off. I tried those pafs a few years back and they were ok. I took em off because i started running around with 1500 lbs in the truck and when it wasnt hooked to a trailer it was touching the front overload. Hook the trailer up and it was on them. I didnt mind it really. Some people complain about the ride on the overloads but it wasnt an issue here.

I have not driven the truck since I got all the bumpers installed. I am sure the ride will be a little stiffer.
The problem I had is an up and down on the bed no matter the PSI in the air bags with the trailer on. With only 30 PSI it was lifted off the overloads. Now it didn't do it with no air as bad but also was sagging to the back some.
Shocks helped a lot on the 450 also. Stock shocks suck a$$.

2006.1f250

Reaction score
I use the torklift brand. My camper weighs a little over 4k. Without the stableloads, the truck would drop 4+ inches. With them in place, it'll drop about an inch. Shocks are on the list for replacement. Haven't made up my mind if I want to replace the sway bars though.

2006.1f250

Reaction score
Doing a little research on them. Did you use the 7282 for the rear and the 7712 for the front?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Coming from the 08 450 the back ned did not sage that much with the fiver on the truck. The pin is in the 4300+# range. The 450 was stock suspension with air bags. I would put about 35-40 psi in the bags so the truck sat level.

With the 16 F350 with a 14000 GVWR I thought it would be fine, well I was wrong. I put air bags on the truck also but I could not find a psi that made the truck happy. I did notice that with no weight and no air that the truck sat almost 4" above the upper overload. The 450 it was touching all the time. So thinking lets try making the overload touch all the time.

So I bought 2 sets of each of the following:
Energy Suspension #9.9109G and 9.9102G. Once number is for the upper overload and the other is for the bottom. This will make both overloads touch all the time. Here is what they look like.

Will give it a try. If I like it then I will most likely either have the upper overload re-arched or just buy a bigger spacer for between the overload the main spring pack to space it up more to almost touch all the time.

The other thing is I put the BigWig bars on the thing, HUGE difference. The stock ones were smaller than on my 1/2 ton GMC.

On my 2016 DRW hooked to the enclosed GN trailer, I inflated the bags to 75 psi. With the bags at 75, truck sit approximately 1" below my ride height. I didn't pay attention how close it sat to the overloads.

Same trailer on my OBS, I inflate the bags to 85 psi. My OBS has dually springs from a 2002 SD. I never took a measurements. I have to be careful with the OBS as the truck is lifted around 2"-3" (RSK).

I don't know the pin weight but this is the CAT scale ticket with my OBS. My OBS weighs 7k empty. Yes, I know that I'm overweight.

20150918_081304_zpshqdgbi9d.jpg

20150917_215750_zps4ggpfbwr.jpg

Sounds like we have the same 2016 trucks. I didn't weigh the 2016 truck yet. This is with 75 psi in the bags. I want to try 85 psi next time out.

a544939f7486fcdc45da1c78247be99d.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Those things for the over loads are pretty sweet. Even why I air up my bags I like to have the truck just touching the over loads but that puts it just a hair lower in the rear. Sure rides better when its touching them though vs way above them when the bags are aired up more

Latest posts

Members online