Famous 6.7 tick after oil change

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Soon you will learn this tick is directly related to ambient temperature and a slight breakdown of the sticky additive molly.

Read this entire thread over. The cold months this thread gets jamming hard.... summer it's almost non existent. Lol

Keep changing the oil. Prices are low they need to sell more!!
and soon you will read my posts about mobil 1 only doing it for maybe 200 miles... anytime of the year.... this oci was done in 60° weather with valvoline... i have ran mobile one for just about 2 yrs now with no tick after 200-300 miles....

live life full throttle

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Soon you will learn this tick is directly related to ambient temperature and a slight breakdown of the sticky additive molly.

Read this entire thread over. The cold months this thread gets jamming hard.... summer it's almost non existent. Lol

Keep changing the oil. Prices are low they need to sell more!!

Valid Point There. I have zero tick come summer and tonight it's 15 Fahrenheit. Tick Tick Tick....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Start at #1 post. Lol

Should keep you up till Sunday!!
you can repeat yourself as much as you want.. i have been in it since it started... still doesn't matter.. wont change the fact that mobile stops ticking and this valvoline ticks constantly.. even in warm weather....

live life full throttle

CATDiezel

Reaction score
It's still an ambient temperature issue and a break down of the sticky additive after time. That's why "certain" oil tick like crazy at first then 3,000 miles later that exact same oil isn't so Ricky anymore.

Instead of just switching bottles let's try and understand why. Brand name loyalty to an oil isn't cutting it. Everyone early on said valvoline blue or whatever was the secret ticket out!!! Lol.... now it's Mobil 1.

Atsah

Reaction score
My buddy uses Mobil 1 also and no tick after 200 miles, summer or winter doesn't matter.. It's no different than when the 6.0 came out, everyone had to figure out what worked best for the majority of them..

Not one truck is the same as the other, so if you find what works in your truck, use it, trying to figure out what is the best oil for every truck is like trying to get every 6.0 to run on Rotella..

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My buddy uses Mobil 1 also and no tick after 200 miles, summer or winter doesn't matter.. It's no different than when the 6.0 came out, everyone had to figure out what worked best for the majority of them..

Not one truck is the same as the other, so if you find what works in your truck, use it, trying to figure out what is the best oil for every truck is like trying to get every 6.0 to run on Rotella..
A***INMEN!! i dumped the valvoline out today and put mobile 1 back in..

wouldn't ya know it, mofo stopped ticking within a couple seconds of startup..

live life full throttle

uga33

Reaction score
Truck stopped ticking as of this last oil change. Swapped from MC 10w30 to Rotella 5w40. Left it at the bottom of the dipstick(12 qts). PARTY TIME!!!!!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Truck stopped ticking as of this last oil change. Swapped from MC 10w30 to Rotella 5w40. Left it at the bottom of the dipstick(12 qts). PARTY TIME!!!!!

eeewww.... rochitta... lol

i did the hole less oil, more oil thing... came out one day and the truck was thumping like it bent a pushrod... 2qt low on oil and no leaks.. magically disappeared in a mater of a day.. i keep it topped off now..

live life full throttle

Pstroke14

Reaction score
Been ******d since about 8k running schaffers 5w40 full synthetic , it ticks like crazy , almost 31k just changed about 600 miles on the oil weather pretty mild in northern Ill , no tick on start up but after oil hits about 95 * there she goes , I run fleet guard filters it what I use in all the work trucks , go figure all my work truck we buy conaco 15w40 fleet oil , fleet guard filters , run every 5k sometimes more as my guys get busy or too lazy to stop at the shop , no ticks ,

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Been ******d since about 8k running schaffers 5w40 full synthetic , it ticks like crazy , almost 31k just changed about 600 miles on the oil weather pretty mild in northern Ill , no tick on start up but after oil hits about 95 * there she goes , I run fleet guard filters it what I use in all the work trucks , go figure all my work truck we buy conaco 15w40 fleet oil , fleet guard filters , run every 5k sometimes more as my guys get busy or too lazy to stop at the shop , no ticks ,
right on

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
37k using MC 10w30....no ticking. Running 7500 mile intervals. I have been switching back and forth from Mobil 1 5w40.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score

This guy....Preach it brother!!

Jomax

Reaction score
Mobile 1 syn, no tick whatsoever. Never even had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pstroke14

Reaction score
Does anyone have a tick that is not deeleted? Mine never ticked til I ******d ,I attribute this to the oil staying cleaner , i deeleted half way threw my service interval ,next oil change there the tick was ..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Does anyone have a tick that is not deeleted? Mine never ticked til I ******d ,I attribute this to the oil staying cleaner , i deeleted half way threw my service interval ,next oil change there the tick was ..
mine did it from the start

live life full throttle

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
2013 f350 DRW. bought it with 213 miles, May of 2013. 253,444 miles as of today. I have grossed over 39,000 pounds, and typically gross over 33,000 pounds. I was using Rotella T-6, and Mobile 1 Syn. It would tick for 1,000 (ish) then the tick would go away. Since about 80,000 miles, I switched to Valvoline Premium Blue EXTREME, every 6,000 to 7,000 miles. No tick.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
2013 f350 DRW. bought it with 213 miles, May of 2013. 253,444 miles as of today. I have grossed over 39,000 pounds, and typically gross over 33,000 pounds. I was using Rotella T-6, and Mobile 1 Syn. It would tick for 1,000 (ish) then the tick would go away. Since about 80,000 miles, I switched to Valvoline Premium Blue EXTREME, every 6,000 to 7,000 miles. No tick.

mine ticks really bad with blue extreme.. thats just wierd..

live life full throttle

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
It has to be just like Andy said no two trucks are the same and something that works on one won't work on the other.

Mine hasn't ticked yet at 30K miles so ford will keep changing the oil unless it ever starts that ****.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score

Are you sure it doesn't? I could have sworn I heard something when it was idling the other night. Might have been my imagination.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online