Finially decided on my build

stroken

Reaction score
Glad I started this thread. I've learned a lot. Thanks guys. Keep it coming! Btw hope to see you run Saturday mike! Trying to make it down.

one2nine

Reaction score
Glad I started this thread. I've learned a lot. Thanks guys. Keep it coming! Btw hope to see you run Saturday mike! Trying to make it down.

You and me both. I'm curious of the input from the mpd guys as they seems to have the most experience and real world driving with the singles.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Jared what stall would you recommend using with the 75mm?

Josh's Black Dually with Dual pumps and a 75mm Runs a 2400rpm spragless converter. Dont forget, horsepower will play a difference in how the truck feels. A 450HP truck with a 2000rpm converter will feel a little different than a 900HP truck with a 2000rpm converter.
:EDIT Please understand Josh's dually is competition only, not a streeted truck, and he wants to leave as agressively from the line as he can

For street driving. I wouldnt run below a 2200 RPM converter, but I dont want a sloppy pig.. Its just my personal preference, so dont take it as "you should do as I say"

FWIW, I wouldnt put a 1600RPM converter with a 75mm Truck on ANYTHING that was streeted. Ask Craig, he put a 75mm Kit with Dual Pumps On Dexter Tapscott's truck (not sure if hes on here or not) with one of our 1600 RPM converter in one of our built trans. Dexter's truck was a PIG.

2200 RPM RCD Converter installed in place, epic win.

Jared

extreme3807

Reaction score
Jared's correct. My truck benefited from a higher stall with the 75 & 80 as far as spooling and lighting..1700 RPM's was the sweet spot when the turbo lit.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
stock stall on a stock truck comes in at 1800 if I recall. Depending on the charger and power like Jared said changes for better or worse. larger non vgt charger need a higher stall.

one2nine

Reaction score
Josh's Black Dually with Dual pumps and a 75mm Runs a 2400rpm spragless converter. Dont forget, horsepower will play a difference in how the truck feels. A 450HP truck with a 2000rpm converter will feel a little different than a 900HP truck with a 2000rpm converter.
:EDIT Please understand Josh's dually is competition only, not a streeted truck, and he wants to leave as agressively from the line as he can

For street driving. I wouldnt run below a 2200 RPM converter, but I dont want a sloppy pig.. Its just my personal preference, so dont take it as "you should do as I say"

FWIW, I wouldnt put a 1600RPM converter with a 75mm Truck on ANYTHING that was streeted. Ask Craig, he put a 75mm Kit with Dual Pumps On Dexter Tapscott's truck (not sure if hes on here or not) with one of our 1600 RPM converter in one of our built trans. Dexter's truck was a PIG.

2200 RPM RCD Converter installed in place, epic win.

Jared

so you think a 2200 stall would work well with my 75 setup? You guys have all been a great help and with everyone's input i think im going to love the truck when its done.

Latest posts

Members online