Flexplate

PA Stroker

Reaction score
im about 99% sure i broke my flex plate, the question i have is this a common occurrence and should i just put a stock one back in or should i get a billet one?
Also i try to get a video of it tomorrow so you guys can here it. I was down at my buddies garage with him and he said its the same nosie that a chevey gasser was making and that had a broken flex plate also. Sorry for the long post.

PA Stroker

Reaction score
yea I haven't had it one the dyno yet. i just put the bts in and when I did i checked out the flex plate and it was fine. Guess its time to pull the tranny again....... I broke the input shaft on the $300 junkyard tranny i had before lol

under pressure

Reaction score
WOP's old trucks ran Cryo'ed stock plates. Something to look into. They were affordable as well.

under pressure

Reaction score
Me either ! If you can get a stock one and find a place to cryo, WOP back in the day had them under 200$

IF A VENDOR IS READING THIS! THEY SHOULD TRY AND OFFER THIS PART TO US :)

under pressure

Reaction score
Starter alignment ? It only goes in one way, with two bolts holding it in.
Please explain, i am unaware of its alignment unless it manufactured wrong..
Ive been through 3 starters in five years

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Precision industries Has a billet plate for the 7.3. I think you have to call them not sure they list it on there site.

02BigD

Reaction score
Always an interesting topic when this comes up. Just a thought on some of the high hp trucks that that have been mentioned which ran a cryo'd flexplate, majority were lighter weight sclb trucks. My experience with a brand new cryo'd flexplate, was failure before 20,000 miles, at 588hp on an 8200 lb ccsb dd.

Billet has been in for 10k, with no issues. Carson Stauffer had made it, don't know if he still is producing them.

under pressure

Reaction score
What year was ur 8200 lb truck ?
My 03 ccsb last week, 7200 lb with me in it and just over 1/4 tank of fuel.

bigfords

Reaction score
My flexplate just broke back in November...didn't see too many other options aftermarket. I put a factory plate back in. I think I paid $150 or so for the plate, and that was on discount at a Ford dealer.

Latest posts

Members online