Front end protection

chromehound

Reaction score
Just curious what people all running for guards/HD bumpers? I'm thinking of selling the one on my truck this summer but I don't know what kind, if any, that I want to replace it with. If you could post pics, links and any thing you really like/dislike it'd be great.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Does it have to be a 6.4 truck.

My vote would go to fusion bumpers. I really want one of theirs. I currently have a fabfours and just called for a new fog light and the customer service was top notch. And i got a discount for buying two lights. Yay me.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I really like the fabfour bumper my buddy has one on his 11 and I can say its my next mod to the extior of my truck

chromehound

Reaction score
Does it have to be a 6.4 truck.

My vote would go to fusion bumpers. I really want one of theirs. I currently have a fabfours and just called for a new fog light and the customer service was top notch. And i got a discount for buying two lights. Yay me.

I'd prefer it be a 6.4 but really any SD would be great, even better if they have headlights similar to the '08+ trucks. The ones I've looked at had a horizontal bar running in the middle of the headlight. :puke:

I'll have to check out FabFours and Fusion.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Yea, i have the prerunner version, which i like. But since i have no need for a winch i have been trying to sell it, while building one very similiar as well.

The prerunner has a bar that comes across the middle of the headlight, i like the looks but not how it messes with the lights. It is definitely a heavy duty bumper with good looks. Hit 2 deer in the road standing front to ass and my truck won, with nothing wrong to anything on my truck at all.

cbrown

Reaction score
I vote fusion, they blend so well with the truck...i hate the other bumpers that look like a two foot extension on the front of the truck

juniort444e

Reaction score
Some people have powder coated their bumpers. Linex is another option

I had mine powder coated white to match my truck. Its not 100% match but close enough for me, its not a show truck anyway. Other than a few spots that the powder coater didnt prep right, its held up wonderful and put up with a good beating of salt and nasty backroads with no chips or problems.

chromehound

Reaction score
Some people have powder coated their bumpers. Linex is another option

I thought about having my current guard done but I'm not really happy with it. The PO let the light gurads get loose and they bent back and rubbed the flares. I've tightened them as far as I can but they still have some wiggle to them, I thought about trying to add some washers to see if I can get them any tighter and I thought about welding them on but that would make headlight removal a SOB.

I've even though about building a box in where the winch goes since I don't see myself ever adding a winch but everything I'd put in it is in my toolbox.

I like the Fusion bumper but not the guard part so if I went with them that's all I'd get and that may be all I get from any mfg, I just haven't decided what I want yet.

Heres pics of the guard I have:
014.jpg

guard.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Erikclaw

Reaction score
If you dont mind, how much were they. I havnt seen a price for them yet anywhere. If they are reasonable i would liek to pick up a back bumper to save the hassle of building it.

They weren't cheap, I want to say $1500 a piece or near that. I had options though. Led bar and driving lights in front, double led backup lights in rear. They are $1000 for front and $920 for the rear in stock form.

I thought about having my current guard done but I'm not really happy with it. The PO let the light gurads get loose and they bent back and rubbed the flares. I've tightened them as far as I can but they still have some wiggle to them, I thought about trying to add some washers to see if I can get them any tighter and I thought about welding them on but that would make headlight removal a SOB.

I've even though about building a box in where the winch goes since I don't see myself ever adding a winch but everything I'd put in it is in my toolbox.

I like the Fusion bumper but not the guard part so if I went with them that's all I'd get and that may be all I get from any mfg, I just haven't decided what I want yet.

You don't have to get the bar, mine have no bar.

chromehound

Reaction score
They weren't cheap, I want to say $1500 a piece or near that. I had options though. Led bar and driving lights in front, double led backup lights in rear. They are $1000 for front and $920 for the rear in stock form.

You don't have to get the bar, mine have no bar.

If you remember this thread when you get it on can you post up some pics for me?

I'm really leaning toward the barless bumper only types and maybe getting it bare so I can add the rest the way I want.

extreme3807

Reaction score
I bought a road rhino bumper new for 750. Looked just like a road armor bumper with the pre-runner guard. Got it powdercoated white to match the truck. Saying that I vote for fusion!

Sent from my DROID Pro

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Look like this, basically. I will try and post some, may be a few more weeks then powdercoat them.

FusionBumper-c11-12-08.jpg

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
If you want something made in China,...go with FabFour...if you want something overpriced and take months to get,...go with Road Armor....

If you want something made in the USA, at a very reasonable price......wait...I'm not a vendor here...nevermind.

Any vendors sell Iron Bull Bumpers here?

chromehound

Reaction score
Yeah I was gonna get ahold of you when the time got closer and see if you had any connections fairly local, you know if I can make up my mind that is.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.