fuel pump!

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
The fuelab is a sweet pump, but the aeromotive is a great pump as well. I wanted to get the fuellab for my set up, but it was like a 3 week wait to get one, and the aero was ready to ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mason_lloyd

Reaction score
What kind of price range would this be in If I wanted to get the whole shebang? Either or fuel pump. It doesn't matter which, I'm just wanting to know the price for a whole upgraded fuel system.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
fuelab 41401 is all you'll need in one of these trucks, youll need a regulated return or an inline regulator to regulate it to the fuel bowl, and a filter setup though. I wouldnt even put the airdog back on the truck as a pusher pump turned down, they're a joke.

Even in this scenario, an inline regulator to the bowl....you would still be utilizing a dead head setup...would a crossover tube help with that or be a waste?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Even in this scenario, an inline regulator to the bowl....you would still be utilizing a dead head setup...would a crossover tube help with that or be a waste?

Still deadheaded yes, crossover tube solves nothing, and a waste of an effort in my opinion.

ford rules

Reaction score
The regulator would be plumbed after the fuel has ran through heads/injectors correct or am I way off?

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've heard the A1000's are noisy, but seem to work good. I'll be getting a fuelab when the time comes.

That or if I can score a used 6.4 stock pump cheap soon I'll try that out too.

teambluemxer

Reaction score
I've heard the A1000's are noisy, but seem to work good. I'll be getting a fuelab when the time comes.

That or if I can score a used 6.4 stock pump cheap soon I'll try that out too.

cant be anymore noisy then a damn airdog. ive heard aeromotive there quiet. for my standard.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
with my truck running and the windows down I honestly don't even hear mine running. And its mounted right below the drivers door on mine

Mdub707

Reaction score
What is the difference between the 6.0 stock fuel pump and the 6.4 stock?

Stock 6.0 pump has to handle full duty, sucking fuel from the tank and then pushing it up to the motor @55-65psi. The stock 6.4 pump is just a lift pump, pulls fuel out of the tank and only has to pressurize it to 10-15psi (unsure of actual spec for the 6.4's) and feeds the high pressure fuel pump. Some guys are putting the stock 6.4 pump between the tank and the stock 6.0 pump on 6.0's, to act as a cheap, reliable lift pump. The stock 6.0 pump really isn't a bad pump, just needs helps getting the fuel out of the tank.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
6.4 pump will kill your 6.0 injectors real fast.

I have an aero motive pump on my race car and it works very well, and is very quiet.

bootcamp

Reaction score
Thanks for the 6.4 pump info, this was the first time I have read about people using the 6.4 pump as a low pressure feed pump. I have the dreaded AD2 and carry a spare with me at all times plus the stock pump is still on board the truck. I have contacted Fuelab about their velocity 200 units to see if they needed another test truck and he said check back with them in a few weeks. Anybody have any input on the Fuelab Velocity 200 fuel pumps?
TIA

Latest posts

Members online