Fuel system discussion

Super08Duty

Reaction score
I like the cooler, need to find another place to stuff it though. My fuel system sits right where your cooler does.

Being my truck is a SC, I didn't have too much room on the frame. You'd ideally want it on the inside rail, or build something to protect the cooler if you offroad. Same with the LP fuel system. I chose to mount it to the outside of the frame because it looked good lol

Dzchey21

Reaction score
so when you guys say reasonable fuel temps whats reasonable to you?

If i stay 70 mph or under my temps stay around 100 degrees, if i get above that it can hit 130 pretty quick

118 is where my truck does that crappy pump surging bull **** that seams to be hard on injection line fittings

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
That's a good point.

From a labor stand point not worth opening the valve covers to do so.

I will say I would like to.see the same test Jd did with a bigger nozzle

Dustin do you think with more fuel than 60hp nozzles it would make up for the loss power. Something like 30%. Eric swears it will make more power with 30s and lower p.w. than stock. Idk I'm kinda on the edge of doing this and if its way down just put some dual fuelers on it down the road.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Ok since this is a fuel system discussion I have an extremely stupid question. Will this nylon braided hose work with push lock fittings or does it require an fittings?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=330870063936

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=190651023367&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=11620162417

I am going to say that it will only work with the AN style fittings. Just get the Parker Push lok hose and be done bud. You only need like 6' of An6 and 6' of An8. I have the Elite Airdog Upgrade in my truck and I had to supply all my own fittings and lines for the second K16 pump mounted up front. I just went to the local Parker store and bought all the fittings and lines and it was only $60. Then I had to order the fittings that go into the second hpfp which I got from Elite for $35.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I finally got my build running but have a few questions about the fuel system. I have the Airdog regulator maxed out. But when I try to control pressure with the regulator on the Elite AD upgrade it doesn't effect the pressure at all. Also seems to lose it's prime if it sits for a while. Any ideas?

And I'm also getting a weird howl from what sounds like the return line. The pressure seems to pulsate a bit between 12-14 psi and the howl goes up and down with the pulsation. It'll eventually stop and settle at 14-15 and the howl becomes solid. Only makes the noise at idle. Guess i'm just curious if anyone has ran into this issue before I start digging back into it.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Yep. All the twin pumps get a howl from the lines. Did you figure out your regulator?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Yep. All the twin pumps get a howl from the lines. Did you figure out your regulator?

Yeah I figured out the regulator I believe. And it wasn't loosing it's prime. It's just how it starts with the CP3 on there. It's like it fires up but idles at 400 rpm for a few seconds before it jumps to 750ish. Eric said it's just the nature of the beast since there is only so much he can do with it operated off the EGR signal.

As far as the howl from the line, this howl is louder than the exhaust itself (Which is quite loud!) I can hear it when I go in a store and leave the truck running. Needs a brace of some sort and it should take care of the issue. Cause as soon as I put slight pressure on the line in the middle the noise goes away or becomes drastically quieter.

Latest posts