Fuel system is done

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
you know, tarm, anal on the oddest things comes to mind when i read some of your stuff. :poke:

average

Reaction score
Tarm,

I'm all about overkill.

Try upgrading the grounds for your batteries, that might net you a little more voltage. It's a simple trick the audio nuts do to get more voltage to their amps.

I upgraded all the wires for my batteries when I installed my new 200A alternator.

Sorry for taking your pump install off topic Arisley.

2547088920048953316S600x600Q85.jpg

2855965300048953316S600x600Q85.jpg

Off topic, but where do you get that mesh that covers your power/ground cables?

QtrHorse

Reaction score
Off topic, but where do you get that mesh that covers your power/ground cables?

If you are refering to the green cover, I bought it off Ebay. It is the same cover they use on high temp. ovens to cover the wires. It is some type of expandable fiberglass mesh cover rated for extreme heat. I only used it because I got it cheap and wanted a good cover for the cables.

If you are looking for a basic expandable sleeving, go to Ebay and type in Techflex. There is a seller on there by the name of furryletters that sells many different sizes and colors of Techflex. I use it on anything that needs a cover. It is great stuff and he has great prices.

Marty

Reaction score
I got a msg about this thread, I didn't read through the whole thing but figured I'd throw this out there.

I use a 5 prong 30A Relay on my Dual pump setups. There are 2 outputs and I run a 10ga fused link from the battery to the relay. Then I run 2 14ga wires back to the pumps from there. I use the factory wiring to trigger the relay.

If anyone has any questions for me or my setup PM me as I very rarely have time to get on and check responses to each of my posts.

Andy... I use an old AIH relay to trigger my A1000 as well as other Key on devices (eventually an air pump and other things). I do not use the factory wires to trigger my relay because I had a short and I never fixed it. Something I suppose I will get around to, but never seem to have time for my own truck anymore. It's got a list a week long of stuff I need to do to it. :(

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
ya, it sucks when you take vacation, its not a vacation, you have to work onyour own chit.

Arisley

Reaction score
Thanks for the input Marty. A lot of my fuel system was inspired by your fuel systems. Right now, all of my relays are just mounted on a piece of square tubing mounted high on the frame. Need to get it all put in a weather proof box mounted on the frame. I do have heat shrink over all my wire connections though.

Latest posts

Members online