Fuel system

Stroker04

Reaction score
I've been reading all day on and off about fuel systems that trucks are running with there setups, and its time for me to stop putting it off. My trucks pump is getting weak with the 190s(seeing 30 psi at WOT). Im curious to see everyone's setup and what they are running. Im trying to keep this budget friendly. Im new to fuel systems so lets see what you guys are running!

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Yes but u will need to run new hoses to n from the pump.... You will starve it otherwise, also need to do pre pump filter

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

strokin6L

Reaction score
I say do a sump and a low pressure pump system(FASS or airdog150) feeding the stock pump. Or get rid of the stock pump and do sump and a high pressure FASS.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
They are, it's just not released yet, soon it should be available

Helen Keller sent this?

Extended Power

Reaction score
Hellman sump, DAHL 200, Aeromotive 11110 marine grade pump, Aeromotive 12310 Pro Series 10 micron filter after the pump, (Mounted directly to the pump's outlet.) Russel "Y" block, fed into both sides of the front of the block, out the back of the block on both sides to an Aeromotive 13114 marine grade regulator, to a nice sized fuel cooler, to a check valve, and then back to the tank.

Use braded stainless steel lines, because the tech guys at the track flagged me when I was using "Blue" hose.

svilla

Reaction score
Hellman sump, DAHL 200, Aeromotive 11110 marine grade pump, Aeromotive 12310 Pro Series 10 micron filter after the pump, (Mounted directly to the pump's outlet.) Russel "Y" block, fed into both sides of the front of the block, out the back of the block on both sides to an Aeromotive 13114 marine grade regulator, to a nice sized fuel cooler, to a check valve, and then back to the tank.

Use braded stainless steel lines, because the tech guys at the track flagged me when I was using "Blue" hose.

Are you using the 10 micron filter after the pump, to catch pieces incase the pump lets go?

I am ready to upgrade my stock pump. I just can't decide between Fuelab, or A1000. I have heard that the A1000's are loud, and I have heard that Fuelab has had a couple pumps just stop working.

I think whichever way I go I would like to add quick disconnects, and carry the stock pump with me. This way if my Fuelab/A1000 fails I can swap in the stock pump to limp home.

Man, just cant decide on the pump. I already have a sump, R/R, and AD150 feeding the stock pump.

Reaction score
I just ran an original airdog 150 with a draw straw to my stock pump to a Strictly RR and she held my 190/100s just fine never dropped pressure.... I would do a sump instead of a straw if I had to do it over again tho :thumbsup:

strokin6L

Reaction score
My fuelab is fairly loud but it doesn't bother me. Mine has been flawless for over 3 years. got a low pressure FASS feeding it.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
my fuelab is quieter than my a1000 was

Helen Keller sent this?

01PSD

Reaction score
I know on my bro's you can hear the A1000 humming under the truck even going down the road, but it's a non-issue for me personally

09stroker

Reaction score
I know on my bro's you can hear the A1000 humming under the truck even going down the road, but it's a non-issue for me personally

Mine is the same way. I'm gonna try to mount some rubber washers or bushings or something on the feet to quiet it down.

01PSD

Reaction score
We did just that, put some rubber bushings between the feet and mounting plate to reduce vibrations and trauma.. not sure if it's doing anything to reduce noise but it does give you the peace of mind

Extended Power

Reaction score
Are you using the 10 micron filter after the pump, to catch pieces incase the pump lets go?

I am ready to upgrade my stock pump. I just can't decide between Fuelab, or A1000. I have heard that the A1000's are loud, and I have heard that Fuelab has had a couple pumps just stop working.

I think whichever way I go I would like to add quick disconnects, and carry the stock pump with me. This way if my Fuelab/A1000 fails I can swap in the stock pump to limp home.

Man, just cant decide on the pump. I already have a sump, R/R, and AD150 feeding the stock pump.

Yup...running a 2 micron filter in thr DAHL, 10 micron after the pump just in case.
No issues with fuel system at all....
Had almost this exact setup before, and changed it out to a FASS 150/180...went through 3 pump motors before i sold it with the forth new motor.
Went back to the system I had before, changed and added a few items, no issues.

strokin6L

Reaction score
i have no fuel filter after my fuelab...only ones that i have are the two filters(the 3 micron fuel filter and the water seperator) on the FASS

Latest posts

Members online