Fuel system

Nathanspindle

Reaction score
Hey guys just about ready to order my fuel system im getting the driven diesel regulated return and a fuel lab pump i was just wondering what filters i should use

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
BF1252 before the pump and stock secondary after.

No info in your signature, are you sure you need the big pump? I get a LOT of calls from guys ordering fuel systems and wanting pumps but not being anywhere near needing pumps.

Nathanspindle

Reaction score
Stock pump just went on me planning on 175 75s and an mtw stage 2 turbo with a ported intake already have headstuds and a bulletproof oil cooler and 58v ficm

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Nah I'd go 6.0 hfcm with a sump and DD RR. If that doesn't cut it, feed the 6.0 hfcm with a 6.4 hfcm

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Bigger isn't always an upgrade. If this truck is a toy, go for it. If it's a daily driver, tow rig or any other use where "reliability" is important, put another stock pump in it. Call me next week if you would like to discuss further.

Fat fingered on my iPad...not responsible for typos!

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
True, but has there been a simple DIY put up yet? I would think the 6.4 to the 6.0 is the simplest but the 6.7 will eliminate BOTH pumps. A sump would still be nice.

Nathanspindle

Reaction score
I will give dennis a call this week but yes this truck is a toy to me i do drive it everyday daily i do tow a couple times throughout the year . I understand it flows way more then i will ever need but you guys are bringing up the reliability factor of oem parts does a fuel lab pump honestly fail that offten?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I will give dennis a call this week but yes this truck is a toy to me i do drive it everyday daily i do tow a couple times throughout the year . I understand it flows way more then i will ever need but you guys are bringing up the reliability factor of oem parts does a fuel lab pump honestly fail that offten?

I had so many miles on mine I lost track, and never had one single issue.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
It's not that they fail often, they are really great pumps. I've just had a TON of people ask about using them in trucks that had no business with that much pump. I'm one of those guys that does NOT subscribe to the "bigger is always better" and "aftermarket is always better" philosophies. There are very good reasons for staying with OE products in some cases...

I've used Fuelab, Aeromotive, AirDog and FASS and the reality is that while they are all very good products (except for one that I would never sell to anyone) NONE of them are as "long term dead nuts reliable" as the OE pumps. If "reliability" is a primary concern, and you don't need the flow capability of a larger pump, logic just says to stay with the OE piece because they are really good pumps, and because you can generally get a replacement for them (if needed on the road somewhere) from any Ford dealership in the country (and in some cases even chain auto parts stores).

Nathanspindle

Reaction score
Again this is a toy to me id rather have my fun with it thanks for all the info tho. What a bout cat filters they would both be 10 micron the only reason i would choose them is because they are 15 mins away from my house

ford rules

Reaction score
I had Baldwin filters on mine and then changed to cat filters and the fuel filter pulled the threads on the filter base. The baldwins never did, I won't run the cat filters again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.