Gearhead MCC dyno numbers?

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
It was on a dyno jet here in midland, I ran it on hd300 first to get a comparison and the heat soak on the engine screwed me when I switched to Matt's tunes and did 568... Pretty sure the 35s and 3.55 gears are hurting me...

Are your only mods the tuner and egr delete?

Last edited:

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
I'm kind of relieved to see the numbers that close. Before I went with Gearhead files, all the reading I did it seemed like everyone was saying his file was WAY stronger then the HD300 file. Naturally I was disappointed after I bought it because I didn't think it was any stronger. However, I do like the way it runs a lot better.

Highroller54

Reaction score
Cooler egt's with Matt's? Is the timing actually less? I'm looking for a tune that's easier on my head gaskets since I'm scared to put studs in now lol. I'm running hd300 but I hate the trans tuning and my 3.55-37" tire combo.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Cooler egt's with Matt's? Is the timing actually less? I'm looking for a tune that's easier on my head gaskets since I'm scared to put studs in now lol. I'm running hd300 but I hate the trans tuning and my 3.55-37" tire combo.

Matt will have to verify but most of us are pulling a bit of timing from the base 300 because its a bit high for stock pistons imho

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm kind of relieved to see the numbers that close. Before I went with Gearhead files, all the reading I did it seemed like everyone was saying his file was WAY stronger then the HD300 file. Naturally I was disappointed after I bought it because I didn't think it was any stronger. However, I do like the way it runs a lot better.

Matts tunes are probably stronger st the track because he is able to make the truck run better all the way thru the curve rather than just a peak number. The faster you make smoke free power the better your curve will be. This is also felt on the street by more response and the feeling of more power and less smoke.

Peak numbers mean nothing imho

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
I did 588hp and 12xx on matt's race tune. This was on sct tuner which seems to be pretty close. Had another truck run with same mods in matt's hot street and got 583hp/ 11xx. My truck only held about 23.8 to 24.3 FRP, while truck in hot street held in the high 25's.

Both trucks had, s&b intake, TB 5" exhaust, egr delete with elbow and cac pipe.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
How much timing and pw does the 300 have? Curious...

The very end of the rpm its like 17 degrees maybe even more I like to limit them to 15 even with modded pistons. Power doesn't seam to come up much if any with the additional timing.

Pw on the hot file or race they call it now is 2.18

3brorce

Reaction score
Ya Matts tunes most likely have power throughout the pedal/rpm where as the canned tune may just drop off the more you get into it at the track.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Matt told me he is pulling timing out from what the hd300 is running. Only thing we are trying to work on is with my truck being a 6spd, it is laggy in the bottom end below 2000rpm but in order to keep the smoke under control it's necessary... We are still working with it to see what can be done to keep it clean an make it more responsive down low. Hopefully I will be meeting up with Matt next week to make some adjustments!

B585Ford

Reaction score
Matt told me he is pulling timing out from what the hd300 is running. Only thing we are trying to work on is with my truck being a 6spd, it is laggy in the bottom end below 2000rpm but in order to keep the smoke under control it's necessary... We are still working with it to see what can be done to keep it clean an make it more responsive down low. Hopefully I will be meeting up with Matt next week to make some adjustments!

Keep us updated. I have a hand shaker so I am really interesred to see what he can do.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.