Gel up?

Reaction score
Yeah, I must agree that the power service is junk. May add cetane but not much else.

We use motorcraft fuel conditioner in the summer and motorcraft conditioner with antigel in the winter. We also have the Rev X fuel treatment too.

Stanadyne is a good one too. But I don't use it personally.

It's -5 here and I actually don't have any fuel treatment in. But I have a good fuel station here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Come to find out everyone around here is haveing problems, we must have summer fuel or something. Wish I had the 14 micron fillter like some people...

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Hit -32F on the drive to work tonight. No gelling issues and I use Power Service white bottle.... We have #1 diesel which doesn't help mileage at all lol. I'm planning on going over to Howe's conditioner and then adding the ford Cetane booster since our diesel up here seems to be lacking in that department. Heard too many bad things about power service lately and I get the Howe's for free anyways so I mine as well use it!

When I went from the summer power service to winter, I could hear the difference in Cetane boost within the bottles and the truck doesn't seem to like the white bottle plus the crap low Cetane fuel up here. Added a splash of ford Cetane boost and she quietened right up and started purring again.

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The Interesting fact is the refineries put in a projected weather forecast additive. By the time the diesel with the correct amount of antigel additive gets to your station the cold snaps are gone...

Now with that being said. A Good fuel station with a good manager can call for additive to be supplementally put in the ground tank at delivery of a load. Most do not because most don't either care or know to do it. They have to raise the price per gallon accordingly to pay for the additional cost and that raises the next problem of being competitive with neighboring stations.

So of you live in an area wear gelling is an issue regularly than its best to supplement with your own additive such as ones mentioned above.

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
My truck gelled up on me last year running power service. I switched to Stanadyne fuel treatment. It was 10* where I was yesterday and snowing with the wind blowing pretty good and I had zero issues with the truck. I buy mine from Jared@rivercitydiesel on here and even with shipping its still cheaper than what I can find it local

What he said^^^^. I have always ran Power service with out any problems, other then some extremely rough starts on extreme cold days. A couple weeks ago I switched to stanadyne after hearing many positive reviews. The truck starts easier, idles smoother, Iam a huge stanadyne believer now!

jban126_f350

Reaction score
My dad's 6.7 fuel gelled and I got it started up with diesel 911 from work and plugged it in for a while everything's fine but his remote start doesn't work now? Has that ever happened to anyone? No check engine light he said it ran with a slight miss for a couple mins but cleared up right away. Everything runs and starts fine now except his remote start any advise not used to the 6.7's
My scanner won't pick up a truck that new.
It's a 14 or 15

jimdawg185

Reaction score
We have a new product coming out in the next few weeks called Full Torque. It has cetane and there will be a winter and summer formula. Summer for below 30 and winter for everything else. We had it tested by ice road truckers... And they ended up selling 50k of it at the same time.

Ill keep yall updated.

MrGTO

Reaction score
It'll be -3 here tonight and -5 tomorrow night. I'll let you know how Optilube xpd works.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
We sell so much stanadyne to people who've gelled on other products its not even funny.

I've never had a vehicle come back with stanadyne, and I've tested it to -20*F personally. It also does GREAT with BIO, and its cheaper than most. I trust stanadyne as a OE fuel system manufacturer for so many years, they've got a pretty good concept of what it takes to keep things going right!

psduser1

Reaction score
Standyne treated me well down around -20 last winter, even with my filters down on the frame rail.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Both Howes and Stanadyne make great products. Howes has ones of the best 4 ball wear scar tests there is. And stanadyne has a great demulsifier and epic good anti gel additives (granted, everyone basically uses the same additives for antigel, just different quantities with differing proprietary additives). Ours is good at standard treatment rate (400:1) down to -60 F, and has a great 4 ball wear scar test as well. It also now has Cetane. The best of all worlds!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.