Gel up?

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Both Howes and Stanadyne make great products. Howes has ones of the best 4 ball wear scar tests there is. And stanadyne has a great demulsifier and epic good anti gel additives (granted, everyone basically uses the same additives for antigel, just different quantities with differing proprietary additives). Ours is good at standard treatment rate (400:1) down to -60 F, and has a great 4 ball wear scar test as well. It also now has Cetane. The best of all worlds!

Sounds good.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
lol.. pour and pray?

live life full throttle

That's all I can do.... Got into a a little argument with a guy who has a v10 he's all like " I never need to worry about the cold bla bla " and I simply said I never worry about being out run by a Toyota lol then he tells me how FAST it is....good stuff

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That's all I can do.... Got into a a little argument with a guy who has a v10 he's all like " I never need to worry about the cold bla bla " and I simply said I never worry about being out run by a Toyota lol then he tells me how FAST it is....good stuff
lmao

live life full throttle

Ipkyss

Reaction score
The only time I have seen PS gel is when someone was using the grey bottle thinking it was an antigel, or they were using the wrong amount. I treat it by the 500 gallon batch. I use it in all our equipment and trucks year round. Never had a truck gel up. Was -14 this morning.

morepower02

Reaction score
I've gelled powerservice with diesel that said the pump was blended to -15 3 times. I still run powerservice but also blend with #1 when very cold.

morepower02

Reaction score
Only happens with 6 liters. I never had a issue with a 7.3 or duramax. The filter on the frame rail gels up.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Only happens with 6 liters. I never had a issue with a 7.3 or duramax. The filter on the frame rail gels up.

Thats funny because I had more g'danm trouble with my lbz than anything else that ive come into contact with that runs on diesel.

Ive been pounded in my ears the mantra "you have to add heat to your fuel in the winter!" as my dad is a trucker. He said it so much that I stayed away from them.

Anyway, first time it happened to me was Thanksgiving 06. Went to my parents house in my 03 7.3. It had been sitting with a mostly full tsnk if fuel for months. Id start it, drive it around a few blocks and repark it. Drove out there just to run the poor thing a bit and I burned up most if that fuel in the hour drive and running around once we got to town. Was about 50 degrees. Next day 15! Stopped at a bp, filled it(didnt have any additives) and blam-o...three miles later...spit-spit-sputter...done. Dad came and dumped 911 in and we changed the fuel filter. Got it running. Yikes.

Then I had an 07 classic with dmax and it would gel up for no reason and when the temps werent even that cold. It was actually a pita. None others did it for me. An 08, 09, 11, 12, and a 14.

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
-3 here this morning, truck started fine. Was using PS before but buddy said he has never gelled up so last 6 or 7 fill ups I didn't use any. No issues

BBottoms

Reaction score
Used Power Service white in the 6.4, Tractor and TDIs this week and all have started and run fine in -10 to -15 weather over the last couple days. Saw 3 diesel pickups (Two 6.4s and a 12V) abandoned on the side of the road yesterday morning (-10 degrees), presumably with gelled fuel.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Not being an ass or making assumptions but are y'all figuring the right amount of ps white to use for the temps you're seeing?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Not being an ass or making assumptions but are y'all figuring the right amount of ps white to use for the temps you're seeing?
that or its just chit fuel.... i have been all over tye country in all conditions of cold and never had a gell issue... doesnt hurt to pour in extra treatment instead of being a cheapass and pouring just enough....

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.