Getting code after full egr delete

Super Scott

Reaction score
Just finished a full egr delete on the truck and now I'm getting the wrench with 5 codes; P0405, P0488, P041D, P1335, and U3F04. All have to do with the egr minus the last which is unknown. Just getting back from downrange and dont remember everything I read up on before. Would it be worth while to just retune via the H&S and see if that makes it go away? Kinda lost right now and need and extra hand. Thanks.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
What tunes are you running? The easy tunes still cycle the egr valve. It might be worth trying the mild tunes to see if goes away.

Super Scott

Reaction score
I think that may have been it. I had it tuned all the way down while I was downrange fo the wife just to be safe. Just retuned to HD300 and let run for a minute in the driveway with no wrench yet. still have to run it up the highway to see the full effects. Hoping its good.

Super Scott

Reaction score
That was the ticket my man, thanks for the insight. Def wish I could drop in some turbos but that will come all in time. Now how about the hot side pipe it keeps blowing off and I had to seat it really deep almost touching to get it to stop blowing. I've heard of silicone but what are people actually doing ya know? Guess it's time to start a new thread. Thanks again for the help.

sootie

Reaction score
take the boot off and clean everything really well. Then spray some hairspray on the surface that the boot sits on. that should hold it. if not-try double clamps.

Super Scott

Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to hit it up with the hairspray yet, but gonna give it a run a soon as I grab a can and get some spare time. Thanks for the input.

Latest posts

Members online