H2e vs Turbonetics vs Irate

Drew540

Reaction score
I had intentions on buying the h2e with the modded turbo from beans.
lookin at this kit I started comparing others and realized that the Turbonetics and Irates kit is for a t-4 turbo which has it's versatility. With the h2e kit, can you only have an h2e turbo because its had different flange and mounts lower.

Irate's the only one with a external waste gate . h2e kit doesn't have one. I understand the presure concerns on the turbo but when do you need to bleed it off?

I have an early 99 and lookin to get around 500-550hp 238 hybrids and supporting mods. I just havin issuse pickin a turbo setup and need some help.

David N

Reaction score
I would go with Jake's setup.

But why not necessarily a 38R? You just want more options down the road?

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
You are incorect on only being able to run the h2e turbo there's other turbos you can run.. Just not as many as a t4i setup. IMO you a modded h2e is a great setup for what your wanting.

Drew540

Reaction score
Who,s Jake? I have a early 99 and need changes for the 38r.

I saw a Turbonetics kit in the classified and thought it was a good deal.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Modded H2e... 45-47psi boost... 50-52psi exhaust back pressure...

No need for a complex wastegate.

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
I just had to make the same choice on which turbo to run. And started out leaning towards the H2E, but after making a few calls and talking to a few people on forums. I went with Irate's kit.

Jake has been a great guy to work with. Along with has in my opinion one of the cleanest kits around, and I looked into just about every kit on the market. There isn't much difference among all the kits, but I have yet to hear anything bad about Jake's kit.

Drew540

Reaction score
There an Irate kit and a Turbonics kit in the classifieds. Both are the same exept for the external waste gate. I'm not sure what to do except givem all a call to got more info.

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
There an Irate kit and a Turbonics kit in the classifieds. Both are the same exept for the external waste gate. I'm not sure what to do except givem all a call to got more info.

Definatly give them a call. Its the best way to find out everything you need to know when not 100% sure.

Drew540

Reaction score
thanks By the way are you runnin the external waste gate setup and what turbo r u runnin?

Last edited:

smokedout250

Reaction score
I ran An irate setup on my obs. Loved it Jakes a great guy to work with hands down best customer service!

I made 466hp on stage 2a with the s366 with no waste gate this was before the bell option....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000wa250

Reaction score
I'll go with the Irate diesel advice that you are getting. I have the S467 on jakes kit and so far it is a great set up. Only issue is I am wishing that I had just went ahead and gotten it wastegated, but for now its fine. Only reason I would say go with the wastegate is simplicity. Once you get the kit on, I am willing to bet that you will never want to take it off, and therefore if a need arises in the future where you want to gate it or need to, you will have it and can just make adjustments to it. In my case, if I need to gate it, I will have to pull everything and send the pipes to jake and have the gate installed.

Anyways, hope this helps a little bit, and like has been said, if you have any questions just call and talk to jake. He is very helpful, even though sometimes he does get busy.

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
thanks By the way are you runnin the external waste gate setup and what turbo r u runnin?

I am still waiting on my turbo to arrive. But I went with a non waste gated S366. Because I am not going to be running very large injectors. But also say I want to run large injectors I can easily just swap out the turbo to a larger borg warner turbo.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Modded H2e... 45-47psi boost... 50-52psi exhaust back pressure...

No need for a complex wastegate.

Pretty much the same with my s471.

Id go with Jakes kit. Excellent guy to deal with. If the one in the classifieds is wastegated then snatch it. It wont hurt to have.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
i went with his s366 un waste gated as well of my e99. i'm building another motor for 250/100's and i'l add a wastegate to the s366 befoer i'm done with it

ToMang07

Reaction score
Pretty much the same with my s471.

Id go with Jakes kit. Excellent guy to deal with. If the one in the classifieds is wastegated then snatch it. It wont hurt to have.

That's what I'm doing the soon as I pony up a couple more bills! lol! :jammin:

Latest posts

Members online